“Certainly one of the buzzes of the (AES) show, the TranzPort ... is a slick, low-profile wireless 2.4GHz DAW remote.”
- Wireless DAW control: operate your computer-based digital audio workstation from anywhere in your studio
- Compatible with Mac® and Windows®
- Supports Pro Tools®, Logic®, Cubase®, Digital Performer®, Sonar and other DAW software applications
- Two-way interface: get timecode position, track name/number, track volume, pan settings and more via backlit LCD display and LED indicators
- Uses high-frequency RF technology: no wires or line-of-sight required, and no added interference
- Dedicated buttons for often-used functions, including transport controls, marker/locate buttons, track control (level, pan, solo, mute, record arm) and more
- Operates on AA batteries
- Small, lightweight design
- Footswitch input
- Microphone stand mount, custom padded carrying bag, and standard footswitch are available from the on-line store
TranzPort and Sony’s ACID Pro
Fans of Sony’s ACID Pro software now have something new to cheer about. TranzPort, the world’s first wireless DAW controller is now supported by ACID Pro 6. The portability of TranzPort and the power of ACID make a perfect fit. Together they make an unbeatable combination for budding home studios and professional musicians alike.
“Native Mode” support of TranzPort is quick to set up, and easy to use. Simply enable the TranzPort as a MIDI Playback and Input device on the MIDI Preferences tab, add the TranzPort from the list of žAvailable DevicesÓ on the External Control & Automation tab, and enable žExternal ControlÓ under the Options menu. That’s it, you are ready to go. No extra programming needed.
ACID Pro 6 and TranzPort (PDF) contains detailed instructions for configuring the TranzPort for use with ACID Pro 6. Information on how to use some of TranzPorts’ less-obvious features and a reference chart listing the default controls for ACID Pro 6 are found in this useful document as well.
ACID Pro 6 Layout (PDF) is a single page picture of the TranzPort with overlaid text summarizing the ACID Pro 6 feature set. It may be helpful to print this file and have it handy as a quick reference guide.
The TranzPort User’s Guide (PDF) has full details on installing TranzPort on your PC.
We encourage visitors to our user forums to post their comments and questions. Other users often have useful ideas and experiences to share, and we monitor the posts to provide additional input.
Below are other TranzPort related links that may be useful: