“I just received the TranzPort about an hour ago and I have it up running
perfectly with Sonar/XP. It’s an awesome little rig!”
- Wireless DAW control: operate your computer-based digital audio workstation from anywhere in your studio
- Compatible with Mac® and Windows®
- Supports Pro Tools®, Logic®, Cubase®, Digital Performer®, Sonar and other DAW software applications
- Two-way interface: get timecode position, track name/number, track volume, pan settings and more via backlit LCD display and LED indicators
- Uses high-frequency RF technology: no wires or line-of-sight required, and no added interference
- Dedicated buttons for often-used functions, including transport controls, marker/locate buttons, track control (level, pan, solo, mute, record arm) and more
- Operates on AA batteries
- Small, lightweight design
- Footswitch input
- Microphone stand mount, custom padded carrying bag, and standard footswitch are available from the on-line store
TranzPort and Reaper
Every now and then a good thing gets better. TranzPort, the world's first wireless DAW controller is now supported by Reaper, the hot new DAW software from the folks at Cockos. Reaper is both powerful and affordable, just like TranzPort. Together they make an unbeatable combination for budding home studios and professional musicians alike.
“Native Mode” support of TranzPort is quick to set up, and easy to use. Simply open Reaper Preferences and select Control Surfaces. Click ADD to open the Control Surface Settings panel, set the mode to “TranzPort”, and both MIDI input and output to “TranzPort” as well. That's it, you are ready to go. No other programming needed.
There are two .pdf documents created specifically for Reaper v1.0 users available from the FDG website.
The first, Reaper 1.0 and TranzPort contains detailed instructions for configuring the TranzPort for use with Reaper. Information on how to use some of TranzPort's less-obvious features and a reference chart listing the default controls for Reaper are found in this useful document as well.
The second file, Reaper 1.0 Layout, is a single page picture of TranzPort with overlaid text summarizing the Reaper feature set. It may be helpful to print this file and have it handy as a quick reference guide.
We encourage visitors to our user forums to post their comments and questions. Other users often have useful ideas and experiences to share, and we monitor the posts to provide additional input.
Below are other TranzPort related links that may be useful: