Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 684

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Topic: Tranzport/ Logic pro 8 problem

lund wrote:

Tranzport stops working in Logic pro 8.0.2, OSX 10.5.5. Rec, mute, solo, undo, punch and loop leds lights up. Whats going on? Is it the new OSX?
Anybody?

CS:Hello Lund,

I just tested Logic 8.0.2 on my G5 with OS10.5.5 and didn't notice any problems. Here are a couple things for you to try that might solve your problem.

1. Anytime you do an OS update its a good idea to repair permissions. Use Disk Utilities (Applications/Utilities), highlight the appropriate drive and select 'Repair Permissions'.
2. Select 'Rebuild Defaults'  in Logic/Preferences/Control Surfaces. This will sort out most controller problems. If not, the delete the TranzPort icon from the Control Surface/Setup panel altogether, and relaunch Logic.

If you are still having troubles after trying these things let us know.

CS

Re: Tranzport/ Logic pro 8 problem

More Logic Studio/Tranzport problems:
MacPro Dual Core Xenon 2.66 / OS10.5.6 / Tranzport Manager 1.42

Error message on opening Logic:
Device “TranzPort” is assigned to MIDI Port “TranzPort” which is not present.
Please ensure that all MIDI interfaces are connected and switched on. If this is the case, please check the MIDI port setting of device “TranzPort”. If this is correct, click “Reset All MIDI Drivers” in Preferences > MIDI > General.

I complete all instructions above, and get the same error message every time.

Hello ccoursey,

This error message indicates that the Tranzport's MIDI ports aren't being seen by Logic. If resetting the MIDI ports in Logic doesn't find them then they may not be present at the Mac OS level either. I would begin by sorting that out.

Open the TranzPort Manager and check to see if it says "TranzPort Available" in the status. If not, then;

1. confirm that the USB interface is securely connected, or try it in another USB port.
2. disconnect the USB interface and try reinstalling the latest drivers.
3. Repair Permissions on your Mac hard drive.
4. Open the AudioMIDI Setup panel and create a new configuration.

If the TranzPort Manager says it is available, then try steps 3 and 4 above first, then;

1. Go to Logic/Preferences/Control Surfaces/Setup and delete the TranzPort icon entirely. Quit Logic and relaunch it. This should force Logic to remount the Tranzport from scratch. If this doesn't do it then you probably have a corrupted Logic Prefs file somewhere.

Let us know what you find.

CS

Your final suggestion seems have brought Tranzport back online and back to life:

(snip)
Go to Logic/Preferences/Control Surfaces/Setup and delete the TranzPort icon entirely. Quit Logic and relaunch it. This should force Logic to remount the Tranzport from scratch.
(end snip)

Thanks for your prompt attention and for providing a workable solution I'll rely on from now on if I have further trouble.

—Charles

An update to my previous post:

While your solution

(snip)
Go to Logic/Preferences/Control Surfaces/Setup and delete the TranzPort icon entirely. Quit Logic and relaunch it. This should force Logic to remount the Tranzport from scratch.
(end snip)

did provide a solution to my problem,
I have to repeat it EVERY TIME I try to use Tranzport with Logic 8.

I do not consider this to be an ideal solution. Do you?

If you have to repeat this step every time you launch then I have to believe that something else is wrong. Perhaps a corrupted preferences file in Logic. The TranzPort driver/plug-in should not cause this behavior at all, but it sounds like Logic is not identifying its MIDI ports properly at startup. Here are the instructions for doing that from Apples Troubleshooting tips...

Delete the User Preferences

You can resolve many issues by restoring Logic Pro back to its original settings. This will not impact your song files. To reset your Logic Pro user preference settings to their original state, do the following:

1. In the Finder, go to ~/Library/Preferences. Note: The tilde (~) represents your Home folder.
   2. Remove the com.apple.logic.pro.plist file from the Preferences folder. Note that if you have programmed any custom key commands, this will reset them to the defaults. You may wish to export your custom key command as a preset before performing this step. See the Logic Pro User Manual for details on how to do this. If you are having trouble with a control surface in Logic Pro, then you may also wish to delete the com.apple.logic.pro.cs file from the preferences folder.
   3. If you have upgraded from Logic Pro 7, you may also need to remove ~/Library/Preferences/Logic/com.apple.logic.pro.

Hope this helps,

CS

Yes, seems to have helped. I have launched Logic twice since following your instructions. Tranzport was present and behaved optimally both times.

Thanks!

Charles