Topic: Alphatrack does not send data after each reboot

I experience a very weird problem with Alphatrack.

A fellow studio bought one and I went there to install it. Installation went fine(I have installed over 7 AT's) and Cubase was able to see it properly.

The system runs Windows XP32 with Cubase 5.1.1 and the latest Alpha Track driver.

The problem is whenever the PC is restarted, Alphatrack refuses to send any midi messages  but can receive. For example, when I open Cubase, Alphatrack is found as a controller, with Alphatrack labeled in Midi IN and Midi Out and seems to receive midi data as when I rewind, forward the transport it shows the data on the LCD screen.

However it does not send any midi when I press its buttons or move the fader.

The only way to make it work is to unplug it from the USB port and plug it back again. Then it works until the next reboot.
AT is plugged straight on a USB port and there is no USB hub present.

I also tried the MIDIOX utility and indeed there is no midi sent from AT until I disconnect it from the usb port and put it on again. That means it is not a problem with Cubase either.

The motherboard is an ASUS P5Q and the CPU is a Quadcore Intel.

All other usb devices work perfect.

Is it possible that AT is defective?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Re: Alphatrack does not send data after each reboot

Hi Domenico,

When you use MidiOx does the AlphaTrack show up in options/midi devices?  Does the AlphaTrack show up there under both 'input' and 'output'?

If it doesn't show up there under midi input and midi output then that means after reboot, your computer doesn't recognize the AlphaTrack as a midi device for some reason.

Another thing you may want to try is to uninstall the AlphaTrack by following the instructions here:

http://frontierdesign.com/download/pdf/ … _Guide.pdf

then reinstall the AlphaTrack and see if that helps.

Also, you may want to check this out to see if it's a possibility:

http://www.rme-audio.de/en_support_tech … q_10entryd

CS