Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 684

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Topic: Dakota/Montana and PCIe 2.0?

scores4film wrote:

I've used 4 of these card combos for years in several pc's.  I'm about to upgrade to new machines and am curious if there is a way to get my cards to work in a PCIe 2.0 slot?  If not do you have plans for new cards that will support this format?  Is the only current option to find a mobo that supports the older PCI standard?

Thanks,

Colin

CS:Hello Colin,

sorry to say that these cards will not work in PCIe slots, and no new cards on the horizon at this time. Short of a MOBO that supports them, the only other option would be something like a Magma chassis to add PCI slots externally.

CS