Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Topic: Grounding problem alphatrack resolved

.....a picture is worth a thousand words.

http://www.imagebam.com/image/cff8e054296581

bright colorless lacquer

with two layers is sufficient. works perfectly.

Be careful when removing the buttons

Last edited by matiasperezr (2009-11-01 13:44:45)

Re: Grounding problem alphatrack resolved

Hello matiasperezr

I have been struggling with the grounding problem......

So after you painted the fader cap and knobs with the "bright colorless lacquer" no more grounding issues and they still maintained all of their "touch sensitivity" properties?

I think that is what you are saying but wanted to 100% sure before trying this.

thank you,

eaglepass

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 684

eaglepass wrote:

Hello matiasperezr

I have been struggling with the grounding problem......

So after you painted the fader cap and knobs with the "bright colorless lacquer" no more grounding issues and they still maintained all of their "touch sensitivity" properties?

I think that is what you are saying but wanted to 100% sure before trying this.

thank you,

eaglepass

Yes ......it works perfectly.

you can see it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fkm13ns6j9w

The same annoying situation was happening to me and I decided to try this out, it worked perfectly.
I recommend everybody that has the same problem to try this out!!! Its really simple and in just 6 hours (the time it takes for the two layers of spray to dry out) you will have the problem solved.

This also really helped me with the grounding problem!!

Thanks to matiasperezr for the solution!!!

Another way to resolve the grounding issue is by using a usb isolator. There are expensive optical isolators on the internet. A cheap alternative is the USB2ISO isolator offered by the following website: http://electronics-shop.dk/galvanically-usb_isolation

It isolates the ground of the peripheral usb device. This has solved my grounding problem at a small additional cost. Hope this helps those who are reluctant to spray their alphatrack.