Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 684

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Topic: Alphatrack Fader Issue

lasaxman wrote:

I'm having an issue with the fader on my Alphatrack. It is real jerky in Sonar 7PE. I've been reading these forums, and saw that poor grounding can cause this problem. I'm using a desktop PC (with the 3-prong power cord). I'm running on a battery backup (also tried plugging directly into the wall.) I've even had a friend of mine (who's an electrician) come out to check my electrical. It checked out fine. I also uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, but no luck.

The latest thing I DID notice was that when I plug in a flash drive next to the Alphatrack (there are 2 USB ports on the front of the computer), the Alpatrack shuts off. Maybe a power supply (computer) problem????

I also found that if I drag a fader on a track, the Alphatrack fader responds flawlessly. Also, there no problems with the display, it displays fine.

Thanks in advance...
Jason

CS:Hello Jason,

power on the USB bus can very definitely be a problem. Some models of computer provide the full spec power (500ma) to all USB ports but many split it up between some, or all, or their ports. This means that shortages can occur when you least expect it. If you have a powered USB hub handy to test with, try connecting that (with its own power connected of course) in between the AT and the computer. Let us know if that helps.

CS

lasaxman wrote:

Thanks a bunch for the response! I think I figured out the problem. I changed the knob on the fader, and it must have desensitized the touch response of the fader, and the alphatrack was freaking out.

CS:Ah yes, that will do it. The fader and encoder caps are all coated with a touch-sensitive surface. Without that it won't know what is going on when the fader is being moved. If you have an earlier AlphaTrack, there is another style if 'grippier' caps available for a minimal fee. Just give our office a call.

CS

lasaxman wrote:

Ah hahhhh!! Now I know! Thanks again!