Topic: Issue with loop function in Cubase 5

I've recently bought Cubase 5, having previously used my AlphaTrack mainly with Ableton Live.

One thing I've been having problems with, however, is the loop function.

Pressing the loop button on the AlphaTrack causes the loop button on the Cubase interface to change colour, as if it's been activated, but it goes back to normal as soon as I let go of the button on the AlphaTrack.

If the loop function is already activated in Cubase and I press the loop button on the AlphaTrack, this switches off the function.  But it doesn't work the other way round: I can't switch on the loop from the AlphaTrack.

I'm using the unit in AlphaTrack Native mode.

My gear ...
Steinberg Cubase 5; Native Instruments Kontakt 3; MusicLab RealGuitar 2, RealStrat; Sony Sound Forge 9; Extreme Sample Converter 3.  Red Submarine desktop with Intel Core2 Duo E6600 @ 2.4GHz, 4Gb RAM; Microsoft Windows XP SP3 and Vista SP1.  Edirol FA-66 audio interface, M-10DX digital mixer; Lexicon MX200 multi-effects; Zoom H2, Shure SM58 & Marshal Electronics MXL 990 mics; Samson Resolv 50a monitors.  Alesis Fusion 6HD, Micron & ControlPad; Roland Fantom-G6; Waldorf Blofeld; Frontier Design AlphaTrack; M-Audio Trigger Finger.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Re: Issue with loop function in Cubase 5

Hello Comradec,

This sounds like maybe you are using an old version of the Cubase Plug-in for AlphaTrack. Go to our downloads page at http://frontierdesign.com/Support/Downloads and grab the v1.07 plug-in and try it again. You can also get the latest driver and documentation on the same page if you need them as well.

CS

Re: Issue with loop function in Cubase 5

Thanks.  That did the trick.  Not sure what version of the Cubase plugin I had already but replacing it with v1.07 got it working.