Topic: tranzport disturbs wireless video signal

i have a wireless video transmitter which feeds my video
screen in my recording room , so far i know at 2,4 ghz.
when beeing nearer than 3 m with my tranzport at the video-receiver it disturbs the picture-transmission.
At the video-transmitter
are 4 channels selectable , and changing them seemed
to help a bit but there are still problems , it seems that
tranzport uses a wider frequency-band which results in interferences.Is there any way to force tranzport to use
other frequencies or a smaller band?
Tranzport itself doesnt seem to be disturbed by the video transmitter.

best regards

Re: tranzport disturbs wireless video signal

Hello peterle,

Actually I'm guessing the TranzPort uses a much narrower band then the video transmitter. The TranzPort uses just 1 of over 30  possible channels in the current 2.4GHz channel spec. This would also explain the why the video is more affected by the TranzPort than visa-versa. The Video is probably seeing all of TranzPort's data traffic where-as the TranzPort may only be seeing a small fraction the video data.

While there may be no way to separate them entirely, by forcing a rebind you may be able to move TranzPort to a channel  where it is less of a problem.  Press Shift+Battery and then immediately press the link button on the USB interface. This will cause both pieces to scan the channels and rebind. Hopefully at a new channel, away from the video unit.

CS

thx for your answer , i tried a bit and its getting better...
it would be helpfull to see which frequency tranzport just use
, since i dont know if he randomly connects with different frequencies every time.... which would end in a long trial
and error session every time.
i have to press the button on the receiver AFTER release
from shift+battery or while pressing? 
i tried both so i cannot see
which combination actually did it and tranzport gives no visual feedback for rebinding with a new frequency.

Is there a document for "hidden" commands for tranport?

btw i love the tiny little box , so i`d love to share all its secrets;-).

regards

Last edited by peterle (2009-03-02 14:50:34)

Unfortunately the TranzPort doesn't have any way to force a particular channel, or display which one it is on. It is actually designed to automatically identify any other devices that follow the 2.4Ghz spec, such as bluetooth devices, and change channels to avoid conflicts. For instance, we can run multiple TranzPorts in a busy tradeshow floor with hundreds of 2.4Ghz products around, and not be bothered by them. The trouble is that some manufacturers, and particularly some older products, don't adhere to the spec properly. They simply use as much of the bandwidth as they need and don't identify themselves. This means devices like TranzPort then don't know how to avoid them.

We have seen this with some 2.4Ghz home style cordless phones, some brands of wireless headphones, and even products that you would think should have been ok. They just didn't anticipate the user having other 2.4Ghz products in the same environment.

If your video unit has only 4 channel options, it may be that they have created their own channel methods that only work with their own products. They wouldn't be alone by doing that, it is just frustrating in todays wireless world.

CS

thx for your detailed answer.

it seems the only chance (instead using a video cable)
could be to go near as possible to the video transmitter
, while he transmits, and force then tranzport to rebind,
in the hope he identifies correct the transmitters frequency.

regards

Last edited by peterle (2009-03-03 14:52:27)

could this wireless connection be fouling up my act midi controllers in sonar ?
its on separate machines but sometimes they're on together

Hi Stratcat,

see your other post for a detailed reply, but I don't think so in your case. That is a bit of a different scenario.

CS