Topic: Could'nt connect it yet - link LED has never shown activity

Unfortunately I don't know how to connect my Tranzport to my PC.

I'm clueless!!!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Re: Could'nt connect it yet - link LED has never shown activity

Hmm, ... can you tell us a bit more?  What DAW application/s you are using it with? Did you get the basic driver installed ok and just need help configuring it with your app, or its still in the box and you don't know where to begin?

Here are the basic steps.

1. go to http://frontierdesign.com/Support/Downloads/TranzPort and download the latest drivers and control surface plug-in for your DAW if applicable. Also, scroll down the page and get the latest user guide for you DAW as well.

2. With the TranzPort disconnected, run the driver installer as described in the Quick Start Guide that came with the TranzPort. Or you can download that document as well from the same location.

3. Connect the TranzPort USB interface, run the "New Hardware Wizard", and restart your computer if needed.

4. Verify that the TranzPort icon is now in your taskbar and that the TranzPort is successfully bound (Linked) to the USB interface. Binding instructions are also in the Quick Start or general TranzPort Users Guide if needed.

5. Follow the setup instructions in the appropriate DAW user guide to configure TranzPort as a controller.

If you are still having difficulties let us know as much as you can and we'll try to help you from there.

CS

I do run my PC with MS Windows XP SP2, on a Intel Q0550 machine.

In the system the drivers are shown, the icon in the taskbar is shown, TranzPort is shown in Nuendo 4 as well but still I can't connect it well. Means: the Link-LED doesn't show up. The transport-buttons do not have any function.

Any trick to connect? I already pressed the button on the transceiver a couple of times 'cause I thought it has to find the right radio channel...

Nothing works :-(

Ok, so it sounds like you are stuck on step 4 above. The TranzPort User's Guide describes the binding (Link) procedure in detail. If you are only pressing the Link button on the USB interface then it will never bind. This is because both pieces need to be looking for each other at the same time. Just like setting up a wireless mouse or keyboard.

Here's the short version. Press Shift+Battery on the TranzPort remote so that it says "Binding, Please Wait.." in the display. Then immediately press the 'Link' button on the USB interface. Within a couple seconds they should find each other and the green 'Link' LED should light. If you wait more than 10 seconds between commands then the first device will give up before and there will be no joy.

CS

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 684

Central Scrutinizer wrote:

... This is because both pieces need to be looking for each other at the same time...
CS

I am so glad I found this post.  I had been going through the manual pages 7 and 8, testing out the hardware.  All went beautifully until steps 17 and 18.  It is not clear from the way the procedure is written that step 18 must be executed *before* step 17 has concluded.  I must have hit SHIFT + BATTERY a dozen times, watching the display report "Binding... Please wait", which I did, patiently, until the message disappeared, at which time I attempted step 18, which, of course, failed every time.  The next revision of the manual could make it clearer that step 18 should be executed before the message from step 17 extinguishes.

Anyway, happy to get the TranzPort on its feet.