Topic: Can I use Tranzport to control Windows Media Player?

Hi,
It would be great to be able to use Tranzport to choose files and playback from Windows Media Player while I'm at my instrument across the room sometimes.

Is it possible? Thank you!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Re: Can I use Tranzport to control Windows Media Player?

Hello Bob,

Well unfortunately not directly. Microsoft has flat out refused to support 3rd party external control of WMP. See: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums … e1a2947e3/

That being said, you can use Bome's MIDI Translator as an intermediary and convert all of TranzPort MIDI commands to emulate keystrokes. I think Bome's has even done a downloadable patch just for TranzPort and WMP on their site.

CS