Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 684

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Topic: display and fader going crazy

Pierre wrote:

When you touch the fader the display changes rapidly between different functions (volume/mark/pan etc) as though you are rapidly selecting different controls.

If you try and move the fader the motor fights you as it cycles between the different parameters changing on the display.

The unit is about 6 months old.

I've reinstalled the latest drivers.

The problem started midway through a mixing session. No new hardware or software has been added recently. I'm using Sonar 7 with Windows XP.

Anyone got any ideas?

CS:Hello Pierre,

sounds a lot like a grounding problem creating noise in the touch sensors. Is this on a laptop or desktop computer? Connected via a USB hub or direct to the computer?

Make sure your computer has a grounded power connection. If you are using a USB hub it should be powered.

CS

Pierre wrote:

I was connected via a USB hub.

I've connected direct to the (desktop) PC and that has solved the problem.

Thanks for your advice.

Re: display and fader going crazy

I was having the same problem.. Thanks for the advice

I have the same problem. I connect it directly to the usb port on my macpro back.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 684

I found the solution. When the display flash crazy, Put your finger on the fader and lift your feet, then put down your feet, the display will get well.Try this.

Central Scrutinizer wrote:
Pierre wrote:

When you touch the fader the display changes rapidly between different functions (volume/mark/pan etc) as though you are rapidly selecting different controls.

If you try and move the fader the motor fights you as it cycles between the different parameters changing on the display.

The unit is about 6 months old.

I've reinstalled the latest drivers.

The problem started midway through a mixing session. No new hardware or software has been added recently. I'm using Sonar 7 with Windows XP.

Anyone got any ideas?

CS:Hello Pierre,

sounds a lot like a grounding problem creating noise in the touch sensors. Is this on a laptop or desktop computer? Connected via a USB hub or direct to the computer?

Make sure your computer has a grounded power connection. If you are using a USB hub it should be powered.

CS

Pierre wrote:

I was connected via a USB hub.

I've connected direct to the (desktop) PC and that has solved the problem.

Thanks for your advice.