Topic: Snow Leopard and Alphatrack?

What's the position with Alphatrack and Snow Leopard?  I'm waiting on Sibelius and M-Audio before upgrading so there's no rush, but it would be good to know.

Chris

Re: Snow Leopard and Alphatrack?

Hi ChrisByrd,

The AlphaTrack and TranzPort both seem to be fully functional in Snow Leopard.  Let me know if you find out otherwise but I've tested them both a couple days ago and it worked.

CS

Alphatrack is NOT working here either.
OS 10.6  Logic 9
2.26 Dual Quad Core 6 gigs ram.
I have reloaded the driver several times and done the usual stuff. Permissions etc.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 684

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

bassguy6 wrote:

Alphatrack is NOT working here either.

Oh GREAT.

The Alphtrack responds to moving the DAW fader with the mouse. It also follows written automation. It will not, however, write or control the DAW (Logic).  Maybe I need to change a setting?

I'm waiting on M-Audio to release a Snow Leopard driver for the Firewire Solo, so can't upgrade yet.  As soon as I can, I'll feed back my experience.

Chris

Hi bassguy6,

Launch Logic and go to Logic/Preferences/Control surfaces/Setup and click on the AlphaTrack's icon once to highlight it.  If you look on the top left of that left hand column, what does it say to the right of:

Out Port:
Input:
Module:
Model:

CS

They were set to All.
I switched them to say Alphatrack. Now it works.
Is that correct?

Hi bassguy6,

Ahh, great, glad to hear that your up and running! Yes, that's correct.

CS

hi,
my alphatrack is not working here...
10.6.1 Logic 9, clean install on a new HD

I've checked here

Out Port: Alphatrack
Input: Alphatrack
Module: Alphatrack
Model: ...

blank screen, when moving the fader it make logic's faders move but it still return to -∞

the last driver is a bit...old

Hi Archy,

Try going into Logic/Preferences/Control Surfaces/Setup and highlight and delete the AlphaTrack's icon and relaunch Logic and see if that helps.

CS

thx for your reply but I guess I'm responsible for not installing te Logic 8 plugin...
done now and now it works!

Last edited by Archy (2009-09-12 02:01:21)

Finally I found time to test Alphatrack with Logic 9 and Snow Leopard and it really need a new version of the Logic Plugin.
It works better when opening Logic first and then load the project manually... but generally, it's not perfect and needs to be more reliable

I agree. I sometimes have to change the settings to ALL. Then back to Alphatrack to get it to work properly.

I have been having issues with Snow Leopard that seem to be related to the new device removal behavior in Snow Leopard.

I get a warning that a  USB device is consuming too much power and the Alphatrack display goes dark and stops working.

Anyone else having this trouble?

The Message is something like this:
"Because a USB device was drawing too much power from your computer, one or more of your USB devices have been disabled."

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 684

mttaborstudio wrote:

I have been having issues with Snow Leopard that seem to be related to the new device removal behavior in Snow Leopard.

I get a warning that a  USB device is consuming too much power and the Alphatrack display goes dark and stops working.

Anyone else having this trouble?

The Message is something like this:
"Because a USB device was drawing too much power from your computer, one or more of your USB devices have been disabled."

Arguably it could have been caused by my power settings which were somehow set to use less power (pretty dumb if you are going to be recording or mixing for any length of time. Duh!), I have changed them and will report back if that was the issue.

Hi guys, just wanted to give some feedback on my experience with SL.

My alphatrack worked fine in Snow Leopard with Nuendo 4, until I switched to the 64-bit kernel.  Then, it's a complete no go.  There needs to be a 64-bit kernel extention (driver).  The manager application should be fine, but the kext must be 64-bit.  This NEEDS to be developed asap, as I get great performance from the 64-bit kernel.  Please, Please, let me use my Alphatrack again.

Thanks,
Brian

WOW!!  Well, enough for me to feel good about holding off on SL for the time being.  It's not fully supported by Digidesign yet either so I'm in no hurry.

We're aware that there is a problem with the 64-bit kernel and we're exploring this issue.  Everything will work as normal in Snow Leopard in the 32-bit mode so if possible I'd go back to 32-bit mode for the time being.  Thanks for your patience.

CS

Hi everyone,

We are now in the process of updating the Mac drivers for TranzPort and AlphaTrack so they can be used in the 64-Bit kernel.  Check back periodically to our downloads page for the update:

http://frontierdesign.com/Products/AlphaTrack/Downloads
http://frontierdesign.com/Products/TranzPort/Downloads

Thanks for your patience and support.

CS

Hi,
Any further movement on the 64bit support? Any Betas to test?
Thanks

Hi darkestlondon,

We expect an updated TranzPort version either by the end of this week or early next week with the AlphaTrack following about a week later.  Not sure if we'll do a beta version but I'll keep you posted.

CS

Hi CS,
Thanks for your prompt reply! Great news. Look forward to it.
Best,
DL

Hi everyone,

I'm making my rounds to let everyone know that updated drivers (now supporting the 64-Bit kernel) are now available for AlphaTrack (v1.4) and TranzPort (v1.4.3) on our site:

http://frontierdesign.com/Products/AlphaTrack/Downloads
http://frontierdesign.com/Products/TranzPort/Downloads

Don't forget to unplug your device prior to installing the drivers.

CS

Hi CS,
Thanks for the updates... Seems to work perfectly here!
Best,
DL