Topic: Tranzport and Snow Leopard

Hi, I installed Snow Leopard and am running Logic 9 but my Tranzport is no longer working. It's linking but none of the controls are moving anything. I reinstalled the latest driver but it's still not working.

I see a mod posted this: The one hangup was that in Logic 9 there was no AlphaTrack plug-in inside the 'Midi Device Plug-ins' folder but once I put the plug-in inside the folder it came to life.

How is one supposed to know where this folder is out of the million or so folders that reside in OS X? When I search for that folder name in spotlight I get nothing. What does "putting the plug in inside the folder" mean? Can someone please make some sense of all of this please?

Last edited by Dinofond (2009-09-10 19:13:58)

Re: Tranzport and Snow Leopard

Here's the path to the Midi Device Plug-ins folder: 
HD>Library>Audio>Midi Drivers>TranzPort Midi Driver Plug-in

Note: don't go from HD>Users

The TranzPort Midi Driver Plug-in is placed in the Midi Drivers folder.

My TranzPort Midi Driver Plug-in is version 1.3.0 and my Frontier TranzPort is working fine with Logic 9.

Hope this helps you.

Help.......I got exactly the same probs - ie. The Snow Leopard does not seem to like Tranzport - or a least Logic 9. itunes works fine with Tranzport......Frontier Design please check.......

Hi chez,

Go into Logic and go to Logic/Preferences/Control Surfaces/Setup.  Then highlight and delete the TranzPort icon and relaunch Logic and see if that helps. 

CS

Thanks CS - You're a Genius........

PS CS, Is there any way of linking Tranzport to Final Cut Pro? - Thx ..

Hi chez,

The ball was in Apple's court on this one.  They provided support for the AlphaTrack in Final Cut Pro but chose not to for the TranzPort.

CS