Topic: Parameter adjustment graph won't update DP6/PPC/Leopard

Hi... I think I wrote about this once before the big board crash here.  This is a problem that is happening in Digital Performer 6.02 on my G5 using Leopard (latest version - 10.5.8).

When adjusting a parameter in a plug in, turning the rotary encoder does in fact change the parameter on the on-screen GUI of the plug-in itself ( you can see the knob rotate on screen) and the audio changes so it's working, however the bar graph and numeric readout that appears in the AT display remains static and does not updated.

I have reason to believe that this may be related to the 3-way combination of DP6/PPC/Leopard, because for a while I downgraded my system down to Tiger (10.4.11) and everything behaved as it should again and AlphaTrack's on-screen display functioned normally when adjusting a plug-in parameter.  I recently went back to Leopard and this broke again.

MOTU I'm pretty sure is aware of this, but is there any chance you guys have a PPC system running DP and Leopard to test on.  I don't think this affects Intels.  I would love for this to work because I don't see a new Intel Mac on the horizon for me anytime soon and 10.5.8 is sort of the end of the road for PPC machines, so it would be nice if Alpha Track would be completely solid.

One other issue that crept in with Leopard is the special DP plug-in in which the RW button maps to actual rewind instead of reverse shuttle no longer works if DP is in the background.

The display update issue though really is the one that is more important to me.  Thanks.

Re: Parameter adjustment graph won't update DP6/PPC/Leopard

Hi James,

I have a G5 running Leopard 10.5.7 with DP6 and I can reproduce the plug-in parameter readout problem that you seem to be experiencing. So it's not just you.

CS

I didn't think so.  Can you tell me-- does this require a fix on your side, or do you need MOTU to do something?  If it's MOTU's fix, I'd like to gently "pester" them about this. :)

Hi James,

I don't think we can do anything about it so a kind word to the folks at MOTU wouldn't hurt.

CS