Topic: Protools won't connect to Alphatrack...

Hello All:
I recently upgraded to a Macbook Pro, 2.4 gig core II duo with 2 gig of memory running OSX v. 10.5.7 - I am running Protools 7.1.1
My problem is the Alphatrack is recognized in the toolbar and seems to be installed ok but when I go to Peripherals: Setup: Midi Controllers: Type: HUI the "receive from" and "send to" only allow me to choose "none"
BTW, everything worked like a champ on my old Macbook core duo running OS X 10.1

Any ideas?

thanks everybody,
Jim

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Re: Protools won't connect to Alphatrack...

Hi tikiroomstudios,

Did you make sure the AlphaTrack manager was set to HUI before you launched ProTools?

If you still have problems unplug your AlphaTrack, go to http://www.frontierdesign.com/Products/ … /Downloads
and download the latest drivers.  Then try again and see if that helps.

You can also try a repair permissions to see if that helps by going to (Go/Utility/Disk Utility/Repair Disk Permissions)

CS

Thanks C.S.
Tried all of the above, un-installed and re-installed A/T version 1.3.0 three times, still nothing.
One thing I found is that in "utilities" audio MIDI setup shows no MIDI devices and says UNABLE TO LAUNCH MIDI SERVER

Don't know it that means anything, Also, When I try to restart CoreMidi stops the Mac from shutting down...

Hi tikiroomstudios,

Does your Audio/Midi setup show this message even when the AlphaTrack is unplugged?  You may want to check with Apple about this.  I've found a couple forums, here's one that's close to your problem:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jsp … ID=1548958

CS

Success!  Thanks for the help, evidently, with an Mbox 2 and newer macbook pros you must remove the DigiDioMidiDriver from the Digidesign folder, since I will most likely never use any other midi devices with this current setup, I just dragged it to the trash and Voila!

Thanks for all your help,
Now, about that multichannel Alphatrack..........  : )

Jim
Tikiroom Studios
Reno, Nevada

Help!
I'm trying to setup my Alphatrack to work with ProTools MBox2(v.6.8.1 running on PowerBook Mac OS 10.3.9) and after performing install and plugging the device into USB ports (I tried both) the LCD lights up but in the Alphatrack manager the status bar says "Alphatrack Not Available". I have uninstalled driver and reinstalled driver with no success. I downloaded and installed the updated driver and no success. Am I missing something or is my device defective?

Well now, here's a real B^!@%
shut everything down, left for a couple of days and returned to the same session, with nothing changed ( that I can see )
Returned to original problem, NO Connection....

Hi tikiroomstudios,

No connection where? In peripherals? Does the audiomidi setup have the same message?

Is it the same exact problem?

CS