Topic: Compatible with Sony Acid Music Studio 7 (not Pro)?

I only own the cut down version of Sony Acid Pro 7 called Sony Acid Studio 7. Is the alphatrack and Tranzport compatible with this cheaper DAW?

I guess it will be, but it'd be an expensive mistake to make.

Thanks

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Re: Compatible with Sony Acid Music Studio 7 (not Pro)?

Hello TinPotMan,

currently the AlphaTrack is not yet supported in Acid 7Pro . It is on Sony's "To Do" list but hasn't appeared yet. The TranzPort is supported in Acid 7 Pro.

That leaves the question about whether controllers that are supported in the "Pro" versions are also in the "Studio" versions.
Referring to the comparison chart on Sony's site at http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/acidpro/compare I would have to guess the answer is NO. Only the Pro versions support external controllers.

Sorry,

CS

Ouch! real shame too, as I've been talking myself into buying the Alphatrack for the past few days. Sonys offer to upgrade to pro has just ended too. I guess it makes my other question irrelevant aswell.

Thanks for the quick reply, they look like great products.

So, in the meantime, is it possible to 'program' the alphatrack to work with Acid? (generic midi external controller and set up 'keys', etc). I hope my question makes sense

I believe that Acid has a pretty extensive user customizable MIDI control list. If you start with Generic or maybe even Mackie Control as a base you may be able to set up your own template.

Haven't tried it myself lately but let us know if you do and it works out.

CS