Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Topic: Problems with Digital Performer 6

Hello Frontier-team!

Yesterday i plugged my brandnew Alpha Track on my iMac ( 2,4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo/OSX 10.5.6/DP 6.02) and..... 

Over all:
:-)))

WOOOOW! It is really a great tool! It looks very good and works very fine. Ehmmm........ Basically!

I have load the latest/newest drivers/PlugIns from your homepage but a few functions it doesn´t work properly:

- The "Mark"-encoder in the pan section don´t set any markers. I must do it with a short cut of my Apple keyboard. For example: When i set 10 markers, i can select the markers with turn the "Mark"-encoder of Alpha Track, but when i push it.......    No marker is set.

:-(

- In the mixing board section of Digital Performer i cant select a mix channel (fader) by the track buttons/encoder of Alpha Track. It is also impossible to select a mix channel with the mouse because the AT doesn´t correspondend with the selected mixing fader.
So i have always to go in the track section of Digital Performer first, select the channel and then go back to the mixing board.
Uhhhh, thats VERY unpractically.......

- The same problem described above is relevant for the sequence section of DP: Neither the track buttons nor the encoder steps trough the sequences.

Please, make me happy and solve this problems with an update.

Best regards from sunny Haag (Bavaria, Germany)

"MiniMaxMixMaster"
Siegfried Schoebel
www.tonkueche.de

Re: Problems with Digital Performer 6

Hello MMMM,

welcome to the forums, and we're glad to hear that things are going well for the most part.

We'll have to look at that Mark issue. I don't recall that being busted in DP6 but we'll check it out.

The sad news is regarding the track select from the Mixer view. Yup, that has always been the case and is a limitation with DPs external control code itself. Sync'ing the track selection with mouse vrs. AT will only work from the Project view and not the Mixer view. Also, using the scroll strip to move the timeline only works when Project view is in the foreground. Not sure why MOTU coded things this way but unfortunately we can't control it from our end at this time.

CS

Hello CT!

Thank you for the answer.

It would be fine if the little bug relating the "Mark"-function can be fixed in the (near?) future. The other things......  Okay, i have to live with it. Maybe you and Motu can find a solution for this.....?......
It would be fine, too.

:-)

I work very intensive with the Alpha Track the last days and over all it works much stable and i have fun with. But i am wondering that the windows of EQ and plug-in doesn´t open when i push the buttons for it by Alpha Track. I have always to select this windows separately in the Digital Performer that i can see it........

Do you have any solution for this?

Thanx and best regards from sunny Germany

"MiniMaxMixMaster"
Siegfried Schöbel
www.tonkueche.de

Hi MMMM,

I'm not sure if automatically opening EQ/Plug-In windows is possible in DP but I will gladly put it on the wishlist of things to check out. Some apps support it and some don't.

In the meantime I have been testing the 'Insert Mark' function in DP6 some more and thus far haven't been able to reproduce your symptom. Is it possible that you don't have the updated DP plug-in installed? Digital Performer 5(and 6) Plug-in v1.01 can be found on our downloads page at http://frontierdesign.com/Support/Downloads/AlphaTrack.

CS

Hello CT!

I take a look in the "MOTU Control Surface"-folder and yes, it is the right one: Vers. 1.01

No chance, this function doesn´t work. I can SELECT the markers by turning encoder 2, no problems with it. But the "Push"-function causes nothing, i must set it with an shortcut.

What can i do?

Thanx and best regards

"MiniMaxMixMaster"
Siegfried Schöbel
www.tonkueche.de

Is there any chance that the original "Add Marker" setting in your Commands menu got changed? Open the Commands menu in DP and go to the Transport section. Find the "Add Marker" command and the primary key-stroke for it should be listed as "CTRL-M". If this has been changed or deleted than the AlphaTrack's Add Marker function won't work either as it mimics the default setting.

If that doesn't work you might try a test to make sure pressing the middle encoder is actually sending a MIDI message. Load a program like MIDI Monitor and set it to look at the AlphaTrack's MIDI output. When you press and release the middle encoder while AlphaTrack is in 'Native' mode you should see the following.

C#8 127 - touch
A0    127 - press middle encoder
A0       0 - release middle encoder
C#8    0 - release touch

CS

IT WORKS!!

Yes, it works!

:-)))))

Hello CT!

First: THANX SO LOT! Thats REALLY support what you doing here.

The reason for this "defect" is:
I have changed MANY commands to my own assignment and most of the default commands of DP i have deleted. Now i load the default settings back and all works fine.

So far, so good.......

But actually i want my shortcuts back, most of them at least.....
Where can i looking for which default commands are elementary for the correct function of Alpha Track? Do you have a list of them maybe?

Thank you and best regards

"MiniMaxMixMaster"
Siegfried Schoebel
www.tonkueche.de

You can go by the charts in the DP Guide for AlphaTrack.

http://frontierdesign.com/download/pdf/ … v1.0.1.pdf

enjoy,

CS

Hello CT!

All works fine now, thanks for your excellent support.

My last question referable the shortcuts is the fact, that i have deleted the DP-shortcut for "Save" (Command+S), but the "Safe"-funktion of Alpha Track works even so fine.......

?
?

And many funktions of Alpha Track works fine too although the shortcuts are deleted. For example the "Loop"-button works all the time, but the shortcut for it (-) is deleted in the Command menu, also the Midi note numbers for this function.

It seems that the "Add Marker"-function only need the specific DP-shortcut for the correct job.....?......

That is not a problem and i can handle it in conjunction with my own shortcuts, but i am very interested about the technical side of this things.

Thank you and best regards from Bavaria, Germany

"MiniMaxMixMaster"
Siegfried Schöbel
www.tonkueche.de

HI MMMM,

very happy to hear that things are going well.

The reason that some functions work even even though you have deleted the 'Commands' shortcut is that DP also has a specific external device control  code that is unique from the user accessible commands. AlphaTrack uses a combination of them to provide the best flexibility and performance.

So your observations are correct.

Enjoy,

CS