Topic: Fader zero position

My alphatrack shows its 0db at around half of the fader scale  , whats wrong ??helppp

Re: Fader zero position

I had the same issue out of the box. Running a self calibrate operation fixed it stop+shift+f4.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 684

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

jimsimonz wrote:

I had the same issue out of the box. Running a self calibrate operation fixed it stop+shift+f4.

Did several times and no change....

Hello fulltato,

Does the recal. routine appear to perform properly otherwise? ie. the fader moves to the top and bottom of its travel range.

What DAW application/OS are you using and what automation mode is selected?

And chance you are on a track that is set to "Trim" automation? That would put the fader in the middle regardless of the onscreen fader position.

CS

When I do the calibration the fader moves to the top an the to the bottom ok...I am using PT8 on Windows but i tested on reason and the same happens ...also,  the AT display   shows 0db at half of the fadr range

Ok, you can verify whether or not your AlphaTrack is sending the correct fader MIDI values using a simple free program called MIDI-Ox (midiox.com). Select the AlphaTrack at the target device for input and output (Options/Midi Devices) and check the midi messages that get sent when you move the fader. The Note On/Off messages are the touch whci you can ignore. But the PitchBend data will tell you what is happening with the position. If you look at the Data1 and Data2 columns the fader should send a 00 00 at the bottom, 10 42 near the middle, and 70 7F at the very top. (Hex should be selected under Options/Data Display)

If it shows some other values then let us know what they are. If there is a problem with it you can get it exchanged from your dealer (if new), or send it in to us to be checked out.

CS

hello there

Results of the midiox test

Fader at bottom : 00 00
Fader at top  :  70 7F
Fader at unity gain :  30 6A
Fader at the middle :  30 61