Topic: Tranzport Vs Alphatrack

The alphatrack is sold as a mixer/ editor and the Tranzport as the recorder (only wireless). I can't afford both, but my question is does the Alphatrack do everything that the Tranzport does and more?

Thanks

Re: Tranzport Vs Alphatrack

What are you going to be using it for mostly? I have both. The only thing I think the alphatrack is missing is the wheel for scrolling through your project. Of course, the tranzport comes in very handy when I'm recording guitar in the iso booth and am not close to my computer. Again, it depends on what you'd use it for the most.

Thanks for the reply, but it seems neither of them are compatible with my cheap DAW anyway. For the record though, it's mainly guitar, doesn't the touch sensitive pad on the Alphatrack scroll through the track/ project?

Yes it does! Sorry didn't mean to mislead you. They do the same thing, but the wheel is much more precise. I do sound fx so that's why I prefer the wheel for scrolling frame by frame. Get a better Daw and pick up the alphatrack if you are recording a lot of stuff direct (no microphone). It's handy to have the tranzport if you are going to be recording vocals or acoustic guitar in another room for example.

Cheers for the heads up Sunshy.