Topic: Fader shudders on fast movement

Hi,
Is it normal for the fader to shudder and rattle when it is supposed to move from the bottom to around 0db instantly? I just need to know if there is something wrong with mine because it is a very irritating noise to have to put up with.

I have tried many permutations of connecting the AT. Right now it is connected directly to a USB port on the MacPro. Nothing seems to alleviate this rattling.

Cheers,
Tom

Re: Fader shudders on fast movement

Hello Tom,

can you tell us a bit more about your configuration? What DAW app are you using? Can I assume it is chasing some previous automation at the time? Is there a resolution or other settings for automation in the app you are using?

Tell us what you can and we'll try to help.

CS

I'm using AT with Logic Pro 8.02 with latest AT plugin on a MacPro early 2008 model. Everything is working but when the fader has to travel a long distance in a short time (such as in changing tracks and one is at zero and the other at the minimum or quick automation) it makes a shuddering sound. Just wondering if this normal.

Tom

It may make a very short, and hopefully faint, zipper sound as it decelerates in the last few mms. If you hold Shift+Stop and touch the right-hand encoder it will display its firmware version on the left side of the LCD. What version do you have?

CS

I have 1.01.
It is really more of a rattle or shudder and definitely not subtle.

T

So what's the verdict? Do I have a dodgy mechanism perhaps? Is anyone else getting this shuddering?

HI Tom,

Its really hard to say without seeing your unit first hand. Your firmware version is ok. If you wanted to send it in for us to check we could certainly do that for you. I'm not sure where you are located.

Otherwise, if you purchased it from a local dealer perhaps you can compare it to another one they have.

email us at support@frontierdesign .com and reference this thread if you want to set up an RMA to send it in on.
CS

Ok. I'll bring it in to the place I purchased it. I just wanted to confirm my AT was acting up before doing so.
Will report back when I know more.

Cheers,
Tom