Topic: Alphatrack Plug In for Digital Performer 6

Hi there,

I just upgraded from DP5.13 to DP6.01 and i can't use Alphatrack. Is there any news about new plug in?

Cheers,
Janos

Re: Alphatrack Plug In for Digital Performer 6

Hello Janos,

We aren't aware of any reason why the exosting plug-in shouldn't work with DP6. It seems to check out here ok.  Did you reset your Control Surface settings after upgrading? Does the AT appear in the control surface list and as a MIDI port correctly?

Change Mac platforms?

Tell us any details you can and we'll try to help.

CS

Yes... it should definitely work.  Your preferences might have gotten messed up.  Did you go into DP and select the control surface?  I'm not in front of DP right now so I don't remember the exact steps.  I'd try getting help at motunation.com as well.

Hi guys,

Thanks for the answers.
I did not change platform I'm still on OSX 10.4.11.

I reinstalled the driver (uninstall/reinstall), and opened control surface setup in DP, and the driver of the Alphatrack did not came up. Only HUI, Mackie Control and Radical SAC. That is my confusion. If I change to HUI and changed to HUI in Alphatrack Manager it is workink but in very funny ways. Some of the buttons are not working properly.
With DP 5.13 I can work properly, but now...

I'm using AlphaTrack Manager 1.3.0 and downloaded the current DP plugin from site. The size of the .zip was 68kb instead of 198kb, if I unzipped it was 204kb.

And another interesting thing, If I unzip it it appears like a folder, so if click on it I can see the contents. Compare the other files under Library/Audio/Plug ins/MOTU Control Surface bundles they are bundle files and I can open them with ctrl+click Show Package Contents .

I dont know may be these things are normal just want to describe it may be one of these things are causing my problem.

Thanks
j

If AlphaTrack is showing up as a MIDI port but isn't appearing in the Driver list then the Plug-In just isn't being seen. If you are certain that the plug-in is in the correct location, and the AlphaTrack is otherwise being seen by the computer ok (the AlphaTrack Manager says "Available"), than this sounds like an old but rare problem we saw on a few previous occasions where DP users updated to 5.12 or 5.13 and the AlphaTrack mysteriously disappeared. We have not seen this occur with DP 6 at all yet. After a good bit of research what we found was that for some reason a sub-file called PkgInfo was inexplicably missing from the AlphaTrackDPUB control plug-in file. It only occurred in the initial user account and creating a new Mac user account started it working again. However, creating a new account means reauthorizing all of your plug-ins and that's no fun.

To check, go to 'Mac drive'/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/MOTU Control Surface and  CTRL+Click on the AlphaTrackDPUB file. Select "Show Package  Contents". You should see severl items including a file called PkgInfo.

If it appears to be missing email support@frontierdesign.com and ask for the DP Plug-In pkgInfo fix. Unzip the 'PkgInfo' file that is sent to you and place it in this same Contents folder. Restart and see what happens. You should be in business.

CS

ps. Thanks again for helping out James.

Hello CS,

Thank you for the help, I sent an email on the 4th March still no response. :(

j

Hello Janos,

Heads Will Roll!!! : )

Well maybe not, but I'll see if I can track it down and get that off to you ASAP.

CS