Topic: Why not be able to assign all buttons?

I have a question for a long time, as the way things are now seem rather illogical to me.

I am using Cubase4 with Alphatrack and I am always wondering why I cannot assign functions to the F1 and F2 keys. For example I would like to assign my Mixer window to the F1 key without having to press the SHIFT key as well.

Why isn't this possible in Cubase? Those buttons are rendered useless this way.

Or maybe I have missed something?

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Re: Why not be able to assign all buttons?

Hello Domenico,

Ya, I think maybe you missed something. If you check the Cubase/Nuendo guide at http://frontierdesign.com/download/pdf/ … v1.0.4.pdf you will find that F1 and F2 are used to control Page/Prameter Up and Down in the various button modes. For example F1/F2 select bands in EQ mode, or sets of parameters in Plug-In mode.

Hope that helps.

CS

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 684

Central Scrutinizer wrote:

Hello Domenico,

Ya, I think maybe you missed something. If you check the Cubase/Nuendo guide at http://frontierdesign.com/download/pdf/ … v1.0.4.pdf you will find that F1 and F2 are used to control Page/Prameter Up and Down in the various button modes. For example F1/F2 select bands in EQ mode, or sets of parameters in Plug-In mode.

Hope that helps.

CS

Hello,

Hmmm...not exactly. These buttons are not used at all in the mode that I use Alphatrack most of the time. Which is the Pan Mode. OK, I understand that the buttons function in the other modes but we could also have an option to use them in Pan mode.

Not something I can't live without, just a suggestion!

Understood and noted. And we do appreciate the suggestions coming in. It can be a tricky balancing act to try and make the most of each DAWs controllable features. Each user has certain things they would like to see that are a little different than the next. Or particular features that they use more than others. And some things, like EQ control, can only be accessed through special code that isn't in the normal "User Programmable" list. So it all quickly becomes a puzzle that can never really be solved perfectly. But with a few compromises we try to get close.

Thanks,

CS