Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 684

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Topic: Fader doesn't control Logic 8

dogpatch wrote:

Hi,
I have installed the latest support for AlphaTrack in Logic 8. All of the functions seem to work as expected (dedicated keys, function keys, etc), except the motorized fader will not control the onscreen fader. The other way works - when I switch to a new track, the fader snaps to the correct position, and when I move the onscreen fader with the mouse, the motorized fader tracks it. However, when I move the motorized fader, the fader onscreen does not reflect the change.

Any ideas? Could I have an incorrect parameter in the setup?

Thanks.

Setup:
AlphaTrack Manager Version 1.3.0

AlphaTrack.bundle Version 1.1

LogicPro 8.0.1

Mac OS X  10.4.11
4 x 2.5 GHz PowerPC G5

CS: Hello dogpatch,

there are a few things you can check. First try the 'Rebuild Defaults' option under Logic, Preferences/Control Surfaces. If that doesn't do it open 'Setup' from the same location, highlight the AlphaTrack icon and make sure that the MIDI In and Out settings on the top-left are both set to 'Frontier AlphaTrack'. If THAT doesn't do it then delete the AlphaTrack icon altogether, close Logic and relaunch.

Lastly, try calibrating your unit by pressing Shift+Stop+F4 and releasing.

CS

chris.buck wrote:

Hello, same sort of thing as Dogpatch querie. The alphtrack fader moves the screen fader , the screen fader dosent move the alphatrack fader.  Also when I change track from the alpha track buttons or clicking on a track on the screen, the alphatrack fader dosent move to the screen fader level set on that track but the track fader position jumps to the alphatrack last know position. as you can imagine this is a pain.

There also appears to be 2 alpha tracks in the setup menu in control services, one of them changes to italics!  i trid to delete it but cannot see how too within logic. There is only 1 alpha track component within the loic midid packages.

I have tried the bypass controller, set up etc within control surfaces, i havent tried the calibrate controller yet. Both the alphatrax midi channels are selected within setup also.

Strange as it was working perfectly until a few days ago.

Thanks.

Setup:
AlphaTrack Manager Version 1.3.0

AlphaTrack.bundle Version 1.1

LogicPro 8.0.1

Mac OS X  10.5 2 x 2 GHz PowerPC G5

CS: Hey Chris,

it actually sounds like you are having the exact opposite fader behavior as dogpatch, but in this case I still think it has the same root cause. Something is messed up in your Logic Preferences. You want to begin by deleting all AlphaTrack icons in the Logic Control Surface Setup. Just highlight the icon and select 'delete' from the 'Edit' pull-down menu on the Setup panel. If you have 2 of them for some reason then be sure to delete them both. Then close Logic and relaunch it.

Let me know if that doesn't do it.

You should perform the calibration routine as well just for good measure.

CS

chris.buck wrote:

Hello CS

tried all the things above.I deleted the drivers, the bundle from logic midi contents, reloaded them all etc. the alphatrack fader now just drives to the top even after the calibration. when i pull the fader down it just drives straight back up to the top again, even when i not in logic!

do you think there may be  problem with the device? not sure if my warranty has now expired also.

regards, Chris.

CS: Well if you have any other computer handy (Mac or PC) you can always try loading just the basic drivers on it to see if the same behavior occurs.

When you perform the recalibration routine does the fader travel up and down normally?

Try opening the Mac Audio/MIDI Setup panel and creating a New Configuration on the MIDI page.

If you are still having troubles give our support line a call at 603-448-6283 x107.

CS

dogpatch wrote:

Hi,
I tried the first 3 suggestions (rebuild defaults, Midi in/out, delete icon) and they had no effect on the behavior. However, recalibrating the unit DID fix the problem. Thank you for your help.

chris.buck wrote:

hello CS

I started from scratch again last night, removed every thing. reloaded everything re-calibrated the fader and bob's your uncle it all worked ok. Really chuffed. Thanks CS. had a guess at your name, is it Carl Summers? just a guess.

Makes me so happy when all works well in my computer world.

Kind regards, Chris

CS: Glad to hear you both got everything sorted out.

No Carl here, but good try.

Enjoy,

CS

Re: Fader doesn't control Logic 8

Hi I am having the same problem, I have followed all the instructions previously mentioned but am having no luck. I have uninstalled and re-installed all the latest drivers. The icon with the old driver showed an alphatrack but the latest one shows only a generic midi contoller. I have recallibrated the unit and also tried a new config in the audio/midi settings. I 'm almost up to selling the unit, but thought I'd give this forum a last shot.

Having similar problems. Logic 8.0.2 OSX 10.5.6 Alphatrack Manager 1.3
Load Logic and Alphatrack sometimes switches back to Native mode
All pots and switches work as expected
Can write automation with fader
Fader wont read
Fader wont snap to selected track vol position
Fader sometimes in toggle mode (so is either at -78db or minus infinity)
Sometimes 2 Faderports appear in set up.

Not impressed with it so far!

Tried each of above suggestions in this thread.
Still the same.
Was about to buy 30 of these for my workplace... becomeing less and less likely now!

Can anyone help?

Hi again John, I think from your other post that you have solved your problem. But let us know if not and we'll try to help. If you previously had the FaderPort in there it may be that Logic is getting stuck on its old configuration data. We can help you clean that out.

CS