Topic: Using touchstrip hides tracks in PT!

For some reason when I run my finger across the touchstrip my Pro Tools session hides all of it's surrently viewed tracks and shows my hidden tracks every time!  It's rather exasperating as I then have to revert the session or go through hiding/showing the proper tracks.  What am I doing wrong here?  Or maybe it's not me....

Dual 1.4 processor G4 1.25GB RAM
Digi 002R/LE 7.3 Tiger OS 10.4.11
fxspansion VST-RTAS adapter
M-audio Radium 61/Alphatrack

Last edited by Gothboy (2009-02-10 16:50:27)

Re: Using touchstrip hides tracks in PT!

Hello Gothboy,

I'll have to look at this one. We've never heard this symptom before. What tool do you have selected from the toolbar when this happens?

CS

I'll have to check on that...I don't remember and I'm out of the studio for the day.

My fault!  It was a session marker that had errant Pro Tools view settings.  Every time I hit that marker it was hiding tracks on me.  Thanks!
      I did notice something else though:  when using the touch strip to go from marker to marker it's skipping some.

Hi Gothboy,

glad to hear you sorted out the problem. Ya, I can see that might be confusing.

On the marker thing, Pro Tools will only allow us to move through them in numerical order.  This means that if you drop markers out of sequence on the timeline, AlphaTrack (or any device using HUI emulation) will jump back and forth in  the same order as you dropped them. Kind of annoying really, but unfortunately nothing we can change from our end.

CS

Order of putting them in the timeline or numerical order?  I'll look into fixing that.  Thanks.

I put in new marker with new sequential markers and things working properly now.  Thank you!