Topic: Scroll Wheel Speed in Cubase

Is there any way to speed up the scroll wheel in Cubase? It takes a lot of scrolling to move 10 minutes along the time line. I see that it scrolls a bit faster when in smpte than bars/beats, but it's still doesn't go very far per revolution of the wheel. I understand this is nice when trying to be more precise in a short space but it would be nice to be able to hold something down while turning the wheel and put it into a faster mode, if possible. Any hope for a workaround?

Re: Scroll Wheel Speed in Cubase

Hello Sotagear,

we'll have to take a look at it but I don't recall there being a tool to change that in the SDK. Currently it is set to follow Steinberg's own commands.

I'll add it to the wishlist though.

CS

I want this feature too. The only thing I was able to figure out was to make the resolution larger in cubase (changing 1 frame to 10 frames for example). This helped, but it was still not fast enough for me. It's great when I want to drop in a sound effect on a precise frame, but it's a drag when I just want to shuttle quickly. Anyway, probably a limitation of Cubase.

Ya, we really don't have any convenient resolution control in Steinbergs SDK like in SONAR or even in ProTools (using the nudge value). Sunshy has the right idea by changing the internal resolution value. Not as slick as you might like but some help at least.

CS