Topic: Assign Track buttons to Regions....

Is it possible to assign/program the AT's Track buttons to select the next Region within a Track in Logic 9.1.5 on Mac OSX 10.6.8 does anyone know, please?

Re: Assign Track buttons to Regions....

I know that if I go to: Logic/Preferences/Control Surfaces/ Controller Assignments, I'll see some options but I don't fully understand what I'm looking at and don't want to screw things up.

Hmm, no reply to this :(

Perhaps I should just email Frontier's techsupport with my questions.

Is there not a How-to section on this site?

Hi RedRobin,

Sorry for the delay. If you go to Logic/Preferences/KeyCommands then click the dropdown arrow for "Arrange Window" the top two commands are:

"Select Previous Region on Selected Track"
"Select Next Region on Selected Track"

If I select one of them I can then press "Learn New Assignment", then press a button on the AlphaTrack for example 'F1'.  You'll then see this button show up in the 'Assignments' window on the same screen.  I was successfully able to advance to the next region and then go back to previous regions using this technique.  There are many other available commands and sometimes you don't even know what you're able to control until you sort through them all and find the commands that are most useful to you.

Keep in mind that this may override other commands that these buttons used to control.

You can reset back to the old commands by going to Logic/Preferences/Control Surfaces/Rebuild Defaults

CS