Topic: [FEEDBACK:]New Cubase AT plugin does NOT solve all latency issues!

Today I was really happy to see finally the post that informed us that the new plugin for the Alphatrack that solves the unacceptable latency problem with Alphatrack and Cubase was FINALLY released!

So the first thing I did was to test it.

Well, I am completely frustrated. No, the new plugin does not fix all the latency problems.

Let me be more specific so this may help solve this faster.

The SOLO button latency is fixed. Well done!

The Rec Arm button latency is also fixed.

However:

The Write/Read automation buttons latency are NOT FIXED!
That means a user STILL cannot know for sure whether he is writing automation or not unless he has opened the automation lane track for EACH channel.

Let me be even more analytical.

To activate Write Automation in Cubase you press and hold SHIFT in the Alphatrack while SHIFT pressed you press the Rec button. To Read Automation you do the same thing but press PLAY button on Alphatrack.

While doing this the latency is STILL there. Which means if you press the two keys you HAVE to wait for 1-2 seconds before releasing SHIFT in order to activate either read or write automation. Unless you do that, you end up writing no automation or read automation, EVEN IF THE BUTTON IN CUBASE SEEMS PRESSED which makes it even more dangerous and misleading.

I don't know why this issues are not fixed yet, since me and other users have pointed out the problems in our previous posts.

I hope that this issue will be fixed soon so that we will not have to wait for a month or so again...

I own 3 units and I have been really patient up to now.

Please let us know if you acknowledge this issue and when it will be fixed.

Regards,
Dom

Re: [FEEDBACK:]New Cubase AT plugin does NOT solve all latency issues!

Hi Domenico,

Dang. Could you do me a favor and go to the automation mode and try the Write/Read toggle there and see if that works the way you'd expect. I bet it does, which means that I totally spaced out on fixing the other shortcuts for these (shift rec/play), which is what you are using. I'll fix those up first thing Monday and we'll get a new version out within a day or two. If you want to "beta" test the fixed plugin before it's officially released let me know and I'll email it to you.

I am sorry for the oversight.

-Jerry

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 684

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Hello Jerry,

First of all thank you for the immediate reply. I am sure that all Alphatrack users will appreciate this as I do.

simplemind wrote:

Hi Domenico,

Could you do me a favor and go to the automation mode and try the Write/Read toggle there and see if that works the way you'd expect. I bet it does

Could you be more specific on this? I am not sure I get what you want me to do. Could you clarify exactly what you want me to do?

I would be happy to try the new plugin! Please feel free to send it to me if you wish so.

Thank you for supporting the right way a great device.

Regards,
Dom

Ok, I got what you were meaning.

Yes, they work OK when using the keystrokes that way.

So there is something wrong with the SHIFT key combination only.

Dom