Topic: Presonus Studio One Support?

Any plans or tips for using the Alphatrack with the new Studio One DAW? I've been using Logic for years now but feel it's maybe a bit too bulky for me now and I'm having real issues with timing ( but that's another forum). I like to keep the recording process simple and Studio One is brilliant for that. It's amazing how distracted you can get when you have so many options open to you.

Anyway, Getting the Alphatrack working with Studio One would be a real bonus.

Any Plans?

cheers

Re: Presonus Studio One Support?

Hi davros,

I just downloaded StudioOne and it doesn't look like it will be able to work.  And so far there are no plans in the works. We'll keep you posted if anything comes up.

CS

Any plans for supporting Studio One?  I use my AlphaTrack like an extension of my right hand with Sonar - it sure would be nice to be able to do the same with Studio One.  And, with the number of people flocking to S1, it seems like it would be advantageous for you guys.

Hi cryophonik,

Sorry, no plans yet.  None that I'm aware of anyway.

CS

Well, I bought a FaderPort.  It's a shame that I have to own 2 different control surfaces, particularly considering that the AlphaTrack is a much better product with more/better features (plugin support, no AC adapter required, etc.).  C'mon, guys - update the AT with Studio One compatibility and show PreSonus how control surfaces are done! Pleeeeeaaazzze!!!!   :D

Another vote for an S1 driver, pleeeasee.
I'm currently switching from Cubase..and i can't live without the Alphatrack. I guess it won't take long until more and more ppl go with Studio One, and it still improves. Please please consider that...i wouldn't like to sell the Alphatrack for a sleazy Faderport :/

I'd like to see support for S1 as well. I have an open request at the presonus support center, but I can' say where that may lead to atm. maybe it would be more successful if both companies would negotiate on who's gonna supply sufficient information to make a separate driver or native support in S1 possible... ?!

-kylie-

This is what I have to say concerning support for Alphatrack and Studio One:

Shame, shame, shame! on Frontier Design.

All DAWs do the same basic functions. This is friggin' 2011! Your techies should be able to implement at least provisional compatibility in an afternoon.

Man, you guys talk a good game but it looks like a bunch of us are left with a $150 paperweight.

Clayton

You may be shaming the wrong wrong party.

As you are probably aware from the Presonus forums, Studio One  works rather poorly with just about every controller except the Faderport, which is another Presonus product. Coincidence? I think not!

As one of the other posters said, and I agree, Alphatrack is much better than Faderport, as are most other controllers. Presonus would likely sell far fewer Faderports if they allowed other controllers to work to their full potential in Studio One, which for now is a captive market for Faderport.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 684

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

PaulT wrote:

You may be shaming the wrong wrong party.

As you are probably aware from the Presonus forums, Studio One  works rather poorly with just about every controller except the Faderport, which is another Presonus product. Coincidence? I think not!

As one of the other posters said, and I agree, Alphatrack is much better than Faderport, as are most other controllers. Presonus would likely sell far fewer Faderports if they allowed other controllers to work to their full potential in Studio One, which for now is a captive market for Faderport.

That's not true.
The latest version of Studio One improved controller support a lot.
Mackie works fine AFAIK.

Even my Alesis MasterControl pretty much works using HUI mode.

As for Presonus not wanting other controllers to work I doubt that is true. They sell tons of Faderports I'm sure but a Faderport is like $99.00 where Studio One Professional is like $399.00 and lack of control surface support *could* be a deal killer for some.

Doesn't make sense.

Another vote for Studio One support here. Worth mentioning I am running S1 on a 64bit OS (Vista Ultimate)

:-)

D'oh I justed started another thread about this!
I must have missed this one.

Anyhow.Yes please,support for Studio One would be great.

good post