Topic: Sonar 8.5

My tranzport will not bind w/Sonar. It was working grandly for years then one day....gone
All Tranzport device messages show up under midi and control where they're supposed to be in Sonar.
I'm using  32 bit and XP
I had this problem when I first hooked it up years ago but can't remember how it was resolved.
Anyone have any ideas?
KC

Re: Sonar 8.5

Hi nashmusprod,

The first thing I would try is manually binding the TranzPort with the USB transceiver. This is probably what you've done in the past.

What you should do is plug in the USB transceiver and check that the TranzPort manager's icon pops up on the taskbar.

If so, press shift+battery on your TranzPort. While the TranzPort LCD screen reads, "binding...please wait" you should press the button on the USB transceiver. The green Link LED's on each device 'should' now be lit.

If not, then there may be a hardware problem.

CS

The tranceiver icon is showing on the computer.
I've used the binding procedure before and that's how I've always synced the unit but it's not syncing now.

where would the harware problem be? in the unit or computer

Well if the icon shows up on your computer then that means the drivers installed correctly and the two should be able to link.  So if they're not linking now then my guess is that there's something wrong with either the USB transceiver or the remote.

You might want to send an email to support@frontierdesign.com to see about getting an RMA number to send it in for repair.  But before you do that you might want to try installing drivers on another machine and see if the TranzPort will bind on another machine.  Just in case.

CS