Topic: Display Problem

Hi all,

I just bought the last new Tranzport in Holland (I think), and now it seems broken!

I got it a bit working under Cubase 6 in Win7-64, meaning all controls functioned but I didn't get correct feedback updates in the display. That was when used as a Mackie Control.

Since that setup crippled my other remote controller (Tascam DM3200), I then set the Tranzport to Native mode. Now it functions nicely together with the Tascam, but the display only shows a line of black boxes in the top line. Can't even get the battery check to work, also with the remote not linked.

I tried starting up again by removing the batteries, but to no avail. Is there another kind of reset possible, or should I return it already? Thanks for any suggestions.

Luck, Arjan

Last edited by Arjan P (2011-06-21 16:08:03)

Re: Display Problem

Hi Arjan P,

You mentioned that all the controls work in Cubase but then you mention "...also with the remote not linked"

But it's impossible to get functionality without the TranzPort being linked to the USB transceiver. 

I'll get to the LCD display later, is the TranzPort linking or isn't it?

CS

Hi CS,

No, the linking is working fine, but I was referring to the basic function of battery test, that also doesn't work with the Tranzport not linked. The line of black blocks remain on the display, whenever the unit is on. Thanks.

Luck, Arjan

Hi Arjan P,

Unfortunately it sounds like a bad LCD display.  You might want to try fresh batteries if you haven't already but it's probably a display defect.

If you think you have the last TranzPort in Holland we can do repairs but that would mean sending it back to the U.S. for the repair. If you're interested in an RMA you can contact support@frontierdesign.com

CS

Okay, thanks. The batteries were new, and I also tried another new set, so I guess it's a case of bad luck. Strange though, that the display did work for a short while... I'll see what the shop here can do for me before following your suggestion, but thanks for the help.

Luck, Arjan

Interesting development: After receiving the unit back from the shop it is now working as advertised. Although the shop couldn't do anything to repair, and neither could the distributer (somehow a distributer can't send the unit to the US and I can?!). Anyway, as long as it lasts I have a functioning Tranzport!

Luck, Arjan