Topic: Play button has stopped functioning

The play button on my Alphatrack has just stopped working - all the other controls are working fine.  The problem shows in both Cubase and Logic - I've tried a reset, and disconnecting and reconnecting.  Does this look like a fault with the unit?

Update:  this has just started working again with no intervention from me.

Puzzled...

Last edited by ChrisByrd (2011-05-22 12:58:23)

Re: Play button has stopped functioning

Hi ChrisByrd,

This could just be an intermittent button failure.  It could be on its way out and in need of repair.  Is this a new AlphaTrack or have you had it a while?

CS

Hi CS,

Thanks for the reply - I've had the Alphatrack since November 2011 and have used it constantly, so could the button be on the way out?

Chris

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Hi Chris,

I'm guessing you meant November 2010? Is that correct?

If you go to www.snoize.com you can download this program called MidiMonitor. With midi monitor you'll be able to see the incoming midi data from your AlphaTrack and monitor it in this program. 

Once you download it and launch it, make sure that the 'AlphaTrack' box is checked under the 'Sources' menu.  Then you'll see midi messages for each button that you press.  Press a few good buttons to get used to how the messages look, then try the 'PLAY' button.  Press it a few times, does it work on some presses and not on others? 

If it appears to be in need of repair, you can contact support@frontierdesign.com for an RMA number.

CS

Hi CS,

I actually meant November 2008, not sure what my brain was doing when I posted!  Thanks for the link to MIDI Monitor - I downloaded it and the Play button seems to be working fine at the moment.  If I hit more problems, I'll contact support.

Thanks again

Chris

good post