Topic: Touch mode automation in Cubase 5

Hi guys, I've read on the manual that in the touch mode tha automation written return to previous value when the fader is released. I've tried but after the punch out the value remain the last .....how can I obtain the user guide description..?!?!?!?

Thanx

Re: Touch mode automation in Cubase 5

Hi fenders,

Is this your first pass through the automation?  If it's your first pass through there may not be any 'reference' level to 'go back' to.  Try writing automation through the song once, then go back to the beginning of the song for a second pass and see if you get different results.

Otherwise, you may want to try recalibrating by pressing shift+stop+f4 (if it's possibly a touch issue). 

If you're still having trouble, let me know exactly what steps you're taking to record automation.

CS

Hi and thanx for the reply..yes it was my first pass trough but I think that at the end of automation the level came back to the start level value.....
If I have only one little piece to automate I have to start from the beginning of the song anyway....?!?!

Hi fenders,

If there's no automation data on that track then Cubase doesn't have any level data to send the AlphaTrack to "return to".  One thing you can do is to 'show automation' for your current track and then go to the end of the song and with your mouse, place a single automation event at the very end at the current level.  Then you should be able to go anywhere before that event and the AlphaTrack should then be able to have a reference point to get sent back to.

That work?

CS

Yes!!! this way works great...thanx a lot!!