Topic: Track follow in Cubase 4.52 not working (WIN)?

I am loving the Alphatrack features, but cannot get the track follow to work in C4.52. The "Enable auto select" parameter is checked but does not help.

Any ideas?

Re: Track follow in Cubase 4.52 not working (WIN)?

no one?

Hello Volume,

Check your Project and Mixer settings in the Cubase preferences. There is a check box there to "Sync Project and Mixer selection". This setting is required for the AlphaTrack to follow track selection correctly.

Check it out and let us know if you are still having any problems and we'll go from there.

CS

Hi CS,

Thanks for your support. I have checked that setting as well and it still does not work. I am not missing any key-pressing tricks, like it used to work (I believe I used to press some key along with selecting the track for it to work but as I understand it that is not the case anymore)?

There shouldn't be any needed key-press tricks for it to follow. I am not aware of any other settings that should inhibit track selection, unless you have some unknown MIDI filter or pref setting.

Does this behavior apply to both the Project and Mixer views? (AlphaTrack only works with Mixer 1).
Does it follow in either direction? ie. select track with AT, selected track highlights on screen, vrs., select track with mouse, selected track appears on AT.

CS

Yeah, selecting from AT works fine and then Cubase selects the track just the way it should be.

I do have a lot of usb controllers, though...(an openlabs neko). You think that might be a problem? I'll try a re-install later tonight.

Thanks for support!

Exact same thing here. Using sx3. It used to work at home with my mbox but not in my studio with fireface400, now i replaced the mbox with emu1212m and it stopped working. I can change track on the alphatrack, but not in the daw. If i move the active track fader the AT responds to it.

Is there any chance that either of you don't have the latest AlphaTrackCN plug-in file installed? You should be using at least v1.04.

Also, we expect to be posting another update to that plug-in with the next couple days to fix a few unrelated issues. So keep an eye out for v1.06 to appear too.

CS

Of course. Problem solved here. thanks alot.