Topic: No Sound

Hello, I'm trying to use my Dakota in a new machine:
Win7 home prem 64bit
MAgix Samlitude Pro 11
Dakota with win7 64bit beta driver

There is no sound at playback. Fwiw windows device manager sees the dakota and says it's working properly. The global output selection section of samplitude only sees the dakota when asio drivers is selected. If MME or WMD is selected then the dakota card cannot be selected. So Iv'e tried both asio 16bit, and asio 24bit with no luck. From within samplitude when I set the track output to what I need (spdif), nothing on the dakota panel changes. It always shows output on optical a1-8. Can't say if there is any signal there. I have no 8 channel converter to plug it in to. I hope this makes sense. Any advice appreciated
Also, never any bsod. the dakota control panel seems to open and close with no problems for the computer. Just no sound

Last edited by wengr (2011-02-10 14:43:13)

Re: No Sound

I have changed drivers back to the 3-15 driver for vista x64. While I did then experiance the bsod on shutdown, the no audio/limited outputs problem remained. So I switched back to 3-16 for win7 x64, but my daw (samplitude) can still only see adat A outputs. No B and no spdif.

Re: No Sound

I am using 32 bit for windows7. So what need to do for me!

Last edited by elen011 (2011-08-20 04:53:24)