Topic: Alphatrack and "latency" in Cubase Solo, Rec and more buttons

Hello,

I am the proud owner of two Alphatrack units.
I use them in Cubase 4.5.2. I have installed the latest Alphatrack drivers and the latest plugin for Cubase.

However I experience a severe problem in Cubase which renders my Alphatrack almost useless for any serious work.

The buttons Solo, Rec arm, Write & Read Automation present latency when pressed in the AT.

To be more specific:
When I press solo on Alphatrack, the action is immediately mirrored in Cubase but the track in fact is NOT soloed but gets soloed after 1.5-2 seconds!
Same happens with Rec arm and Automation buttons.
I was working on a project and I already lost many takes thinking that the rec arm button was activated when it wasn't!

Not to mention that I am really dubious each time I record automation if I am REALLY recording the automation. I have found myself many times going back to see that I have been painstakingly making fader rides without having recorded any automation at all!

This is really a huge problem and I have seen many other users suffering from it as well. I also have a BCF2000 controller and it works fine with all the functions I described above. So it must be something wrong with the Alphatrack plugin for Cubase.

In fact many users said that it has to do with some Flags in the configuration which we users are not able to modify, so this must be done by Frontier Design.

Please can you give some feedback on this? I wanted to buy two more units for my personal studio but now I am thinking of returning even the ones that I have bought.

Regards,

Dom

Re: Alphatrack and "latency" in Cubase Solo, Rec and more buttons

Hello Dom,

This issue came about with version 4 of Cubase/Nuendo and is something we are aware of and are in the process of addressing. We hope to have something available very quickly. I can't give you an exact date yet but it is of priority.

CS

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 684

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Central Scrutinizer wrote:

Hello Dom,

This issue came about with version 4 of Cubase/Nuendo and is something we are aware of and are in the process of addressing. We hope to have something available very quickly. I can't give you an exact date yet but it is of priority.

CS

Hi there,
Thank you for the reply,

I hope this is something to be fixed soon. It is discussed too much in the Cubase/Nuendo community. Sadly this problem makes Alphatrack unreliable to work with in those Sequencers. For me it is a pain to even write automation with Alphatrack, which is one of the main reasons I bought it for.

I am really looking forward to news from you. I hope I can see Alphatrack working as a charm and as it should in Cubase.

Thank you in advance,

Regards.
Dom

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 684

Central Scrutinizer wrote:

Hello Dom,

CS

Not to be a fly in the ointment but this was talked about months ago and still nothing

Yes, it has been a while. And not to make excuses but we have had sooooo many programs to work on. Anyhow, this IS being done right now and you can expect to see an update posted within a few days.

Best to all,

CS