Topic: Unable to record from S/PDIF

Huge problem... «nolonger able to record from S/PDIF - it seems I get no signal. Thgis always worked, but since I switched computer, reinstalled everything, I never had to use it (no mixdown).

I record from all ADAT in and playback through all ADAT out of the Dakota.  But when I send stereo out from the mixer through SPDIF to recond mixdown, flat line !

May this have anything to do with the fact I *nver* set anything through Dakota tray on tgis new PC (and... disabled it since it was crashing Windows 7 at shutdown) ??... Don't remember if I had done anything on my old system so to be able to record from S/PDIF... since I *never* touched anuthing back once set.

I use 3.15 on Win 7 x64 - will probably switch to BETA, as I use ASIO not WDM drivers - assuming there won't be an issue with that...

Thanks,
Rob

Re: Unable to record from S/PDIF

Hi Rob,

I would try the BETA and see if you get better luck with that. 

CS

thank you ! It works perfectly (ASIO 24 bit) and solved my problem as I now can use the Dakota Panel and switch to S:1-2 to Coax instead of... CD-Rom !!....

However, just wondering if this is normal that I still see it as ''3.15'' and not 3.16 ??... (However, if does not crash my system at shutdown.

Rob

Last edited by lanstrad (2011-02-14 18:56:52)

Hi lanstrad,

The 3.15 is ok.  It wasn't changed to 3.16 I guess.

CS