Topic: Presonus Studio One Native Integration For The Tranzport Yet????

In an earlier post on this forum Frontier Design stated something to the effect that although the Tranzport hardware was discontinued they would still try to support the Tranzport on the software end if possible...

So, Is there ever going to be native Tranzport support for the Presonus Studio One DAW??? This is a question that has been asked many, many times on the Presonus forum & a few times on this forum by myself & many others with never a definitive reply from either Presonus or Frontier Design Group.

I want to switch to the Presonus DAW because for what I would use it for (and many other people's uses), there is no doubt it is the best DAW on the market as of now but I'm so darn dependent on my Tranzport that I can't make the switch without it.

I've been told by Presonus that they would try to work on it (that was months ago) then I was told that if Frontier Design Group possibly got in touch with them that they would try to get the ball rolling with it.

I've talked to some software programmer acquaintances & they said that just about anyone with a basic understanding of programming & the MIDI protocol could write the control surface profile for the Tranzport in a single afternoon if they had a working copy of Presonus Studio One & some sort of Tranzport SDK from Frontier Design.... Send me the SDK stuff and I'll re-download the demo of Studio One on a different computer & myself or my friends can give it a whack.

If Frontier Design isn't willing to do that, can anyone at Frontier Design tell me if they even care about getting Presonus Studio One integration/compatibility in the near future???

Just picture me (a 6 ft, 225lb bearded man with a bunch of tattoos) on one knee begging, "Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please let me use my Tranzport with Presonus Studio One"

Thank you for the eye time,

jd

Re: Presonus Studio One Native Integration For The Tranzport Yet????

So the lack of a response is a blatant NO on Tranzport support I'm guessing????

jd

HI

You can use it in Mackie HUI mode in Studio one. Its not perfect but most of the basic stuff works. But I cannot get it to switch tracks using the tracks button.

Hope this helps
Jason

Ok - so as someone else who has made the switch to Studio One, I'll give this a Bump.

C'mon Frontier - help a brother out, here.

Thanks!

It's possible that no one at Presonus or Frontier wants to look like the bad guy and tell you that there is no intention to make the Tranzport (or AlphaTrack) fully functional in Studio One because Presonus wants to sell more Faderports.

That's just a wild guess on my part, but often times in the business world it is a fact of life that some companies are friendly with each other, and others are not.

I've seen other situations with Frontier that if you read between the lines you see that their hands have been tied by another company, but they are too polite, or afraid of jeopardizing a possible working relationship in the future, to say so.

@PaulT -

Dude - I'm a cynic, but that's harsh (even if probable...)

C'mon Frontier, man up on this - I can't get the image of JD outta my mind.........