Topic: Fader not updating

I'm working on a 12core MacPro with Snow Leopard 10.6.5, Protools 9 and the 64bit Alphatrack driver.

We've found that the fader is not updating to the correct position, and if touched, the value in PTs jumps to that of the fader position.

When snapping to another track it does update once, but then playing/skipping around the session on that track does not update it any further.

Re: Fader not updating

Hi darkestlondon,

I don't have a copy of ProTools9 to try to reproduce these problems but I expect a copy of ProTools9 sometime soon. 

The AlphaTrack fader should update to the currently selected ProTools track as long as you either

CTRL+CLICK on the track
or SHIFT+CTRL+CLICK on that track

Otherwise if you're changing the tracks in ProTools the AlphaTrack won't be updated.  Let me know if this helps.

CS

Hi CS,

As I mentioned previously, this only occurs after a track is selected. ie cntrl-shft-click makes the fader snap to the right position, but after that, the fader doesn't update.

Best,

Richard

Hi darkestlondon,

Thanks for clearing that up.  Do you get any text on the AlphaTrack LCD?  Is it set up properly in ProTools' peripherals menu?

Also, did you click on the AlphaTrack manager icon and select 'HUI' mode prior to launching ProTools?

CS