Topic: Win7 64-bit, Sonar PE 8.5.2.222 and TranzPort: All fine here

Well people, I just wanted to let you know that I'm running a Quad Core Intel PC with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, Sonar PE 8.5.222 64-bit and TranzPort without problems. Granted, I just installed the new drivers today and did some basic testing of all the buttons and controls of the device and everything is communicating and working well in Sonar.

I wanted to thank Frontier Design for developing a working driver for this product under Windows 7 even though the product itself has been discontinued. I really find this impressive in these times when a lot of manufacturers turn their back on the customers and lag or worse, don't release new drivers for 32 or 64 bit OS's (say M-Audio anyone?) rendering perfectly good hardware into garage junk.

The TranzPort is a fantastic product for us home recordists and I'm sure it can find its way into the professional facility. I'm sorry that it apparently wasn't the hit FD was expecting but those of us who own it, know it is a diamond and will most likely use it until it dies.

Personally, the release of thess drivers and the quality and innovation of the TranzPort have turned me into a loyal FD fan and I will buy any product from you in the future with my eyes closed.

My most sincere thanks!

Re: Win7 64-bit, Sonar PE 8.5.2.222 and TranzPort: All fine here

Great news. I just realized a few minutes ago that Tranzport has been discontinued - after I have been using it all day to record from inside my booth.

Haven't upgraded to Win 7 yet, but I assume the new driver will work with Cubase too?

I got a similiar setup.  Windows 7 64bit and Sonar 8.5.2PE,  It appears that the driver is working however when I look at the device manager, under the USB devices it is showing as "Unknown Device".  Under Vista the Tranzport icon was showing but not under Windows 7.  I hope that FD can address this.

Hi jeff,

As long as it's working I wouldn't worry too much about the 'unknown device' label in the device manager; although I will look into this.

And to answer tombuur's question the TranzPort, although discontinued, should work fine in Windows 7 and in most recent versions of Cubase.

CS

Glad to hear my new computer will work with my beloved tranzport.

There's something wrong with the sonar 64 bit plugin download? It says 0000000 where there should be numbers stating the size of the file to be extracted. Another box pops up with some sort of error messages in it?  I think the actual drivers installed ok but lower on the download page there is a 64 bit sonar plugin download that doesn't seem to be working for me????? I desperately need this to work for a show coming up very soon.  Aaargh.

Hi Axiom,

Where are you trying to download a 64-Bit Sonar plug-in?  It should be a plug-in installer (an executable) not just a plug-in.  So you should download the installer and then unzip it and extract it and then you should run the installer which should automatically place a 64-Bit plug-in into Sonar's shared surfaces folder.

CS

alright I downloaded both theTransPort_Win_Setup_1.5.0 file and the TranzPortCN64_v1.0.5 now what...???

I tried copying and pasting it all over and nothing works...i an running... os Win7 (64) Intel Core i3 processor 550

and nothing works...I use Nuendo 4.3.0

and it will not work...I used this same program on my laptop Vista os and it worked fine...but it wont work oon my windows7 pc....in Nuendo when I push any button it shows on my mini in...level that there is activity...but none of the transport buttons function and the screen is blank...normaly it shows track one on the screen when a project is opened...but nothing....

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP...!!!!!!

I am working on an album...which I am recording myself...and I need to be able to stay in the Booth and record the lyrics..not run back and forth from computer to booth....

Hi HoodedQobra,

That TranzPortCN64_v1.0.5 plug-in is for 64-Bit versions of Cubase and Nuendo only.  I'm not sure if Nuendo 4 has a 64-Bit version but I would confirm what version you have (32 or 64-Bit) and if you don't have a 64-Bit version of Nuendo then that means you have the wrong plug-in.  The only way to get the 32-Bit plug-in is to run the latest TranzPort driver installer and make sure you check the box for the installer to place a Cubase/Nuendo plug-in. 

Hope this helps....

CS

thx I'm a try that..I just figured since the Windows 7 is 64..I'd need the 64bit version....

Anyone having problems with the shift button not working.  I am using Sonar 8.53 of X1 and 64x mode.  Windows 7 x64.  I Installed the Tranzport 1.5 x64 drivers and the shift buttons no long work.  Anyone know how to fix this.
Thanks,  Robert

Last edited by bharris99 (2011-01-14 14:30:15)