Topic: New PC... Win 7 x64... Dakota seems to crash system at Win7 shutdown

I posted abiout a year ago on this, exchanged with some of you, solved the problem but can't remember steps... Built a new PC this week and as soon as I get drivers installed for the Dakota, without even actually *using* it (nor launch the Dak tray), I can no longer shut down computer : I get blue screen and reboot - have to shut it down physically...

I now wonder if Dakota was the cause of replacing PC.... (old one had a crashing problem that no one was able to point with certainty - blaming a possible motherboard failure... Well, I don't want to capitulate on this and ... would like to get your solutions first to make it work under Win 7 (64bit). Of course I use last available 64bit drivers (3.15) .

Since I am unsure of the source of problem, I stopped rebuilding software on the machine.

Thanks,
Rob

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Re: New PC... Win 7 x64... Dakota seems to crash system at Win7 shutdown

Hi lanstrad,

Unfortunately we don't have any 'official' Windows 7 for our line of sound cards.  However, we did just recently post a Windows7 BETA driver for the Dakota only.  You can find it here:

http://frontierdesign.com/Products/Dakota/Downloads

This should fix the blue screen issues but there will most likely be some 24-Bit WDM issues, namely the audio will be garbled when using 24-Bit WDM.  There probably won't be an official release but this should get you going.

Hope this helps....

CS

Thanks, I will try it.
However, when trying to ''update driver'' I am being prompted (even when pointing to folder where I extracted this BETA) that I already have best driver...

Should I choose ''uninstall'' then ?

Thanks,
Rob

Huge problem... «nolonger able to record from S/PDIF - it seems I get no signal. Thgis always worked, but since I switched computer, reinstalled everything, I never had to use it (no mixdown).

I record from all ADAT in and playback through all ADAT out of the Dakota.  But when I send stereo out from the mixer through SPDIF to recond mixdown, flat line !

May this have anything to do with the fact I *nver* set anything through Dakota tray on tgis new PC (and... disabled it since it was crashing Windows 7 at shutdown) ??... Don't remember if I had done anything on my old system so to be able to record from S/PDIF... since I *never* touched anuthing back once set.

Thanks,
Rob

Hmmm...very strange that there won't be an official driver release.
Very frustating the blue screen every time You shut down the PC.
Windows 7 -64bit don't allow unsigned drivers.
Windows is now in testmode but it is still crashing.
Not funny at all.