Topic: Alphatrack in Sonar X1?

Just thought I would get a spot ready for conversation.

Re: Alphatrack in Sonar X1?

I'll be watching too.

I'm gonna be looking for Sonar X1 x64 bit support as well.  Any news from the developers at Frontier?
I suspect there isn't that much that has changed so it might actually work out of the box.

Hi,

I just tried Sonar X1 and works in the same way as previous versions of Sonar.  The UI has changed a bit from previous versions of Sonar so the setup is slightly different.  But anyone familiar with previous versions of Sonar shouldn't have a problem figuring it out. 

In previous versions of Sonar setup goes something like this:

----------
Launch SONAR and open the Options\MIDI Devices window. Enable the AlphaTrack MIDI port in both the Inputs and Outputs sections of the window, and then click OK.

Next, open the “Options\Control Surfaces…” window within SONAR and click the yellow “+” symbol on the right to open the pop-up m“Control Surface Settings.” Select “AlphaTrack” from the list and set both the In Port and Out Port settings to the “AlphaTrack” as well. Click OK to accept your settings.
----------

In Sonar X1 you'll do the same as described above only in X1 you'll need to go to Edit/Preferences/Midi

"Devices" to enable the AlphaTrack's midi ports) and
"Control Surfaces" to add a control surface

CS

Excellent !

Thanks for the update CS!

Greetings!

Can anyone tell me if there are any plans to update the control surface plugin to work with the new ProChannel track strip EQ in X1 Producer?

Thanks,
Don

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 684

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

dwcaldwell wrote:

Greetings!

Can anyone tell me if there are any plans to update the control surface plugin to work with the new ProChannel track strip EQ in X1 Producer?

Thanks,
Don

Add me to the list of people looking for this as well !

The AlphaTrack is very popular with Sonar users so I suspect others will be asking!

Thanks!

Does anyone know if it still operates the same or will we have to make the Alphatrack relearn what  to do

mudgel,

I had to remap a couple of User Defined Buttons in the AlphaTrack Tools panel in X1 since the key bindings in Sonar have changed. Other than that it has been working fine for me.

Hey there.... I need some help identifying the proper settings to get my Alphatrack to work with X1, It worked fine with Sonar 7 HS but for some reason I cant get it to work with X1, I downloaded the latest drivers for Win. 7 but it is a midi settings / channeling thing. I don't think I have my settings selected correctly. Thanks, Ken

Hi Ken,

The setup should be exactly as described about 7 posts back.  If you're still stuck you might want to try sending a screenshot of SonarX1's edit/preferences/controller surface and device menus and send them to support@frontierdesign.com

Keep in mind you may also need to throw the Sonar/AlphaTrack plug-in into Sonar's shared surfaces folder.  If you go to your Sonar shared surfaces folder and there isn't an AlphaTrack.dll file then that's probably your problem.  But if you're able to select 'AlphaTrack' as a midi device and select the AlphaTrack as a control surface in Sonar then that file is probably already in place.

CS

Thanks, I'll look into it and let you know how I make out.    Thanks for your time!

It seems to be an issue with my 64bit system and my 32 bit X1 essentials with the 64 and 32 bit Alphatrack drivers. I'm pulling my hair out on the conversion. Ebay might be in my future.........

Am I the only one with this problem? If so, Can someone give me some pointers on what You did when installing yours. I'm runnins Win. 7 64bit with sonar x1 (32bit) Sonar acknowledged the device but wont let me activate it as a control surface.

(ISSUE SOLVED) !!!!!!!!!!!!!! The trick is to follow the download instructions for Windows 7 64bit and install the sonar plug in, Then download the 32bit plugin and follow the read me instructions for the 32bit plugin with one exception!!!!!!!! the instructions mention renaming the file Alphatrack64.dll and then doing a reg edit witch always failed. So I renamed the file AlphaTrack64 minus the .dll and it worked. And now my AlphaTrack works like it is supposed to!!!!! yey!

Mike from support was awesome with putting up with me through this.

I don't know if I had an odd situation or if Frontier Design's needs to change their instructions.

Last edited by keneds (2010-12-24 21:41:05)

Hi keneds,

Glad to hear you got it figured out.  Just to clarify to everyone, this was only necessary when using a 32-Bit application in a 64-Bit OS.  I'll look over the instructions and see if it can be made clearer.

CS

Any plans to incorporate the newer features of Sonar X1, like the ProChannel, into the Alphatrack?

Thanks and Happy New Year to everyone!

I played with the Alphatrack in X1 tonight. The good news most of the device works. The bad news some X1 features are not accessible.

Fader and buttons are all fine. The touch sensitive knobs only access the HF filter in Prochannel. You can't access the HMF, LMF or LF bands. The page 1 accesses the freq. and level knobs and page two accesses the Q, on/off and Style of EQ. But only on the one band.

Some tube sat access but not in all cases. 

The compressor accesses all but the threshold & attack features but not switching for the two compressor styles.

No access to HPF, Gloss or LPF features or slope curve info.

These are only accessible when selecting Cakewalk ACT plug in mode versus standard.

So this all begs the question, when will the Alphatrack support these new features as asked above?

Last edited by Middleman (2011-03-10 01:47:42)

Hi folks,
Add me to the list of people hoping for ProChannel support on the Alphatrack.

Pretty please?

:)

Dean

Last edited by razorwit (2011-01-14 10:39:50)

Hi Everybody, my name is Kenneth I live in Cornwall UK. My Alphatrack arrived today at about 3.00pm. It is so easy to use by 3.10pm it was up and running on my Desktop win 7, 64bit with Sonar X1 Producer. I am so pleased it's a gem. It's already made a big difference, more work and less tedium.

I used AT to control Bounce to clips and the Split window when they were part of the edit page in Sonar 8.5.3. Now they are on the Process page in X1c, and I can't assign either to a F button. Neither one shows up as an option in the dropdown menu on the Utilities/Frontier Alphatrack -1 window. Will this entail the Sonar app for AT to be re-written, or is there a way this dummy hasn't figured out yet?

I'd also like to be able to open the velocity window from a F button, never figured it out in 8.5.3. Your help is appreciated - Thanks!

Last edited by shep (2011-09-14 15:10:57)

Hi shep,

If these don't show up in the utilities/Frontier AlphaTrack window, then try going through Sonar's Key Bindings and see if they show up there.

If it does, then you can assign a key binding to that function, THEN, go into utilities/AlphaTrack and assign THAT key binding to an AlphaTrack button.

CS

Thanks so much! I haven't done anything like this for ages, totally forgot about the assignability. Much appreciated CS - Shep

Edit - I assigned Global Edit Tool to Ctrl+W, and the binding scrolls the 3 options on the screen. I assigned Global Edit Tool to F6. Nothing happens. Thing is, it doesn't pop up the window that gives me the option to set what time to perform the split - I'm hoping to have that but it seems a bygone era. The only way to get it is through right clicking on the clip w/ the mouse.

Bounce to clips isn't in the Bindings. I love pressing 1 F botton to bounce. I sent a feature request in that they be reinstituted to the edit menu as before(or put in the bindings list wher they'd work as desired, but it looks like I'm outta luck. Thanks for your time - Shep

Last edited by shep (2011-09-15 14:53:55)