Topic: Driver 1.4.0 - play button no longer working in Logic or Cubase

I thought the new driver was working for Logic 32-bit, but have found that the play button no longer works (either by itself to start playback, or with shift to pause).  I checked it in Cubase and found the same.  Has anybody else hit this problem?

Chris

Re: Driver 1.4.0 - play button no longer working in Logic or Cubase

I've just uninstalled 1.4.0 and reinstalled 1.3.0, but the play button still isn't working.  I trashed the preferences and unplugged the Alphatrack between installations.  Did I miss something or could I have a faulty device?  Seems a bit of a coincidence as it was working OK up until the 1.4.0 upgrade.

Chris

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Hi ChrisByrd,

What OS are you running?  Also, try downloading midimonitor from www.snoize.com and make sure that the AlphaTrack is selected in 'sources'.

Press the 'play' button and see if it registers in midi monitor's output window.

CS

Hi CS,

Thanks for the reply.  I'm running OS X 10.6.4, and MIDI monitor gives the following when I press and release the play button.

21:06:25.681    From AlphaTrack    Note On    1    A#5    127
21:06:25.809    From AlphaTrack    Note Off    1    A#5    0

Chris

That looks like the play button is functional because we know from this test that your computer is receiving a signal from the play button.  And it still doesn't work in either Cubase or Logic?

CS

I went back and removed Alphatrack completely from my system, including preferences and the application plugins, then installed 1.4.0 from scratch - and it's now working perfectly!

I'm not sure what had happened, but thanks for your help.

Chris