Topic: Problem with VST INstruments

Hey,
the Alphatrack works great in a normal Audio Projekt ( using Cubase 5 ). But at the moment I´m loading in Instument to it and touch the Fader of the Alpha it will send an Signal to the Instument. Using the Fader will effect the pitch of the instrument and all that by not selecting the Instrumentchannel. Does anybody what kind of settings I have to make to use the Alpha accurate with INstrumentsin a project?

Re: Problem with VST INstruments

Hi burn4ever,

There are a couple things to make sure of.  One is to make sure that in 'Device Setup' you don't have "All MIDI" checked for your AlphaTrack under MIDI setup.  Also, you shouldn't have AlphaTrack selected directly in your MIDI track either.  You shouldn't need to configure the AlphaTrack in Cubase other than in the 'device setup' window.

CS

I am having the dame problem :(. I have alphatrack highlighted in midi input & midi output on the frontier alphatrack page in remote devices in device set up. Also when I then use my mouse for fine tuning I get a sort of static/ touching the end of a plugged in guitar lead sound.

Can someone please help me?

When you create an instrument track you want to make sure that 'AlphaTrack' isn't selected on the 'Input Routing' in the 'inspector' column.  The only place that the AlphaTrack should be configured is in Device Setup.

Also, you'll want to go to Devices/Device Setup/MIDI Port Setup

Once there you'll want to make sure that the AlphaTrack doesn't have the box checked for "In 'All Midi Inputs'".

Once you do that you should be all set.  With these not in place I experienced the same thing you're describing.

CS