Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 684

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Topic: Not hooking in with Live Lite 6

Gothboy wrote:

Has the Alphatrack been tested to work with Ableton Live Lite for Digidesign 6?  Supposedly all versions of Live after 5 work with the Alphatrack.  I've got it set up correctly in Lives' preferences according to your instructions with the Alphatrack(listed as Mackiecontrol) second under my Radium controller but there's no communication.
Dual 1.4Ghz. processor G4 w 1.25GB RAM
Digi 002R/Pro Tools 7.3

Nec Asperra terrent

CS:Hello Gothboy,

While I don't have a copy of Live Light here, I believe it does support full external control, and should work. One possibility might be if you have added custom MIDI programming for the Radium controller, and it is set to MIDI channel 1 like the AlphaTrack. While Live's MIDI Edit panel shows each device's MIDI Port it doesn't actually use that information to distinguish between devices, only the MIDI channel. In the case of Live, AlphaTrack is fixed on channel 1. So if this is the case, and you can set the Radium to a different MIDI channel, then you should be ok.

Hope that helps,

CS

Gothboy wrote:

Live Lite does support full midi control....but I still can't get AT to lock in.  In Live>preferences>midi I've tried a few things.  I just took the Radium out of the controller list completely and restarted Live but no lockin.  I noticed that in Live you get a selection for Tranzport but not AT.  I must not be doing something right here...
Digi 002R/Pro Tools 7.3

Nec Asperra terrent

CS:AlphaTrack doesn't show up by name in Live controller list because it is using Mackie Control emulation rather than a discrete plug-in like TranzPort. So use 'Mackie Control' with MIDI In and Out both set to 'AlphaTrack'.

Just disconnecting the Radium may not clear any custom settings that were created for it. In Live, open the 'Edit MIDI Map' option (CTRL+M) and clear any entries in the MIDI Mappings list on the left.

Ok, just because we haven't mentioned it here yet, you did select 'Live(MCU)' mode from the AlphaTrack Manager right? If you don't see that mode in the live then you may need to update your ALphaTrack driver.

CS

Gothboy wrote:

You know.....DUH....I never checked there.....right in front of my nose.  Problem solved...Thanks CS!
Digi 002R/Pro Tools 7.3

Nec Asperra terrent