Topic: 1 tranzport with 2 computers (2 tranzport usb adaptors)

I have a redundant computer system for live sequencing. I own 2 tranzports. I want to use 1 tranzport  with 2 computers utilizing a usb (frontier design dongle) for each. I realize I need to manually unmute my second computer B and mute my computer A that has nothing to do with the application of the tranzport I am referring to.  If computer A crashes live I switch over to computer B. I would like to be able to do this via 1 tanzport and if possible by using 1 tranzport controlling both computers at the same time. Basically 1 tranzport and 2 usb dongles (frontier design). Each computer synced up from the tranzports control meaning they are playing the same song at the same time and all I need to do is unmute my rack mixers audio input from computer B and mute my mixers audio input from computer A. Is this possible?

Last edited by Axiom (2010-07-27 12:05:56)

Re: 1 tranzport with 2 computers (2 tranzport usb adaptors)

Hi Axiom,

Unfortunately only one TranzPort can be paired with a USB transceiver at a time.  The only other option (since you have 2 computers and 2 TranzPorts) is to link one TranzPort to one computer and the other TranzPort to the other computer.  But it sounds like this is less convenient for your application.

CS

Will there be interference between the 2 tranzports?

No, they shouldn't interfere with each other at all.  We've had multiple TranzPorts in use in close proximity and never had any problems.

CS

I am trying to install the transports sonar 64 bit plugin from your site with no luck.  It looks like there is no info onside the application link after download?  Is it correct on the site? I sm using sonar 8.5.1 64 bit windows 7 on a brand new adis essentio computer.  Thanks

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Hi Axiom,

Go to:

http://frontierdesign.com/Products/TranzPort/Downloads

Scroll down to the 'plug-ins' section and you'll see:

"SONAR v1.3.1 Plug-in Installer (for 64-bit SONAR only)"

click on the link to download the installer, unzip/extract the file and then you should launch the installer which should be similar to the driver installer only it should install just the Sonar plug-in into Sonar's shared surfaces folder.

I just tried it and it appears to work fine here.

CS

Is there a pedal made or a way to hit one pedal and have both transports pedal inputs triggered at the same time so both computers are running and stopping together? Would some type of y cord work with 1 pedal controlling both transports at the same time? Thanks

I followed your instructions upon either extracting or double clicking on the setup application it states that "the archive is either in unknown format or damaged" another message under that says Can not execute.   Hmmmm?

Last edited by Axiom (2010-07-31 02:22:14)

Hi Axiom,

Are you able to download anything else from that site?  Are you saying that after you download the zip file that its file size is zero?  It should be about 475KB.

Also, let me know what browser you're using.  You may want to try a different browser or try emptying your cache and try again.

CS

I am using Internet explorer stock on my new Asus essentio desktop with windows 7 64 bit. I downloaded and installed the download on your site that is for the transport. The download called sonar plugin is the one I am having an issue with. It reads the 000000 all the way to the right of the zip file but it looks to have content on the left of the file name in the zip file. I try extracting and it has the error mentioned. I will try your recomendations. Thanks

Hi Axiom,

Can you send a screenshot of the downloads page where you're downloading the plug-in and also a screenshot of the error message and send it to support@frontierdesign.com?

There are 2 TranzPort/Sonar plug-ins on that page one is called

"Sonar 32-Bit TranzPort plug-in"

and the other is called

"SONAR v1.3.1 Plug-in Installer (for 64-bit SONAR only)"

Which one are you downloading?

CS

I will send a screenshot when I get home.   I am downloading the 64 bit version.

Screenshot sent. My buddy (computer program student at University of Michigan) took a look and said it looks like I downloaded a corrupt file?

No luck using any of 3 zip / unzip programs.  Can you send me an unzipped file on disk? I will gladly pay for it. We have a showcase very soon and will be using 2 computers but I only have 1 working (laptop with vista 32 bit).  Thanks

All is well up and running thanks to the link you sent me. Thanks