Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 684

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Topic: Alphatrack versus Novation Automap

Joe Purnell wrote:

I have been using my Alphatrack now with Cubase Studio 4 since December 2007 and have been very happy with it since version 1.2 and latest Cubase plug in I have had no problems.
I use the Alphatrack just for mixer operations in Cubase eg. panning, eq, volume (I don't really use it for plug ins).
Recently the Alphatrack has stopped communicating with Cubase properly as it receives Midi data from Cubase (eg, slider moves when changing channel and display shows correct info) but will not send Midi data to Cubase (the buttons / slider etc. no do not control anything within Cubase).
I have checked all settings etc and can find no reason for this but I have recently updated to latest version of Cubase (4.1.3.583 from 4.1.2) and I have installed a Novation Nocturn which i plan to use for plug in control (not mixer control, i will continue to use Alphatrack for this).
Is it possible to use the Alphatrack and Nocturn at the same time?
Or is the Automap causing a conflict between the two?
Any thoughts anyone?
Joe

Asus Mbo with Quad Core Q6600 at 2.4ghz running Win XP sp2 with Cubase Studio 4 (4.1.3.583) and Motu 828 Mark 3

CS:Hello Joe,

well this is the second time I have heard this symptom in as many days, and both involving Novation Automap. Hmmmmmm...... getting suspicious.

I have the same version of Cubase loaded so I guess I'll have to break down and install this Automap stuff to see what implodes.  I'll check it out. Wish me luck.

CS

CS:Ok Joe,
I have spent half the day updating and trying to make sense of this Automap Universal 2 stuff with a Remote SL we have in the office, but so far don't have it working with Cubase. (No offense Novation, but the setup for this is really hard to follow).

Anyhow, in looking at the new Automap application it allows the user to select In and Out MIDI ports and channels. Can you tell me what you have selected there, and how you have it set up in Cubase? I'll try to emulate what you have.

CS

Joe Purnell wrote:

I have the Automap set up With Midi out off and Midi in off.
This way it communicates with Cubase fine (don't know how or why cos this suggests that all input and output is off?).
I cannot figure out exactly what these Midi in and out ports are used for, will read the maual more thoroughly.

CS:Ok, I finally got my setup working, Remote SL and AlphaTrack together. It appears that the secret was updating the AutomapServer software from Novation to version 2.0.1188. The previous version would hijack all device MIDI drivers and render them useless. Check here for the update. http://mail.focusrite.com/beta/remote_sl/

Let us know if this doesn't do it for you.

CS

Joe Purnell wrote:

This seems to have cured the problem thanks