Topic: Controlling VSTi's on Instrument Tracks in Cubase 5 ??!!

Is there any way to control them?

I know how to control vsti's that are in the "old style" instrument list via "shift plug-in" but now I mostly use the Instrument Tracks and couldnt figure out yet how to control an instrument on there.
Is it possible at all or is this feature missing?

Thanks

Re: Controlling VSTi's on Instrument Tracks in Cubase 5 ??!!

Hi Jorg,

I'm not sure about this.  It's possible if this is new to Cubase 5 that you won't be able to but it's hard to say since I don't think we have a copy of Cubase 5 yet so I can't try for myself.

Can you send me a screenshot of this to support@frontierdesign.com

CS

I wouldnt know how to capture a screen shot that shows the problem.

In Cubase 5 (I think also in 4) you have so called "Instrument Tracks".
Instead of loading vstis into the F11 window you open an Instrument Track and the vsti gets loaded onto this track. You know have midi and audio controls on one track. This vsti does not appear in the F11 window.

I know how to control vstis that are loaded in the F11 window but I cant control any vstis that are loaded on the Instrument Tracks.

Hi,
after almost a year I was wondering if you had any news on this?
Alphatrack is still the only product of its kind that does the job well so it would be awesome if you continued the support.

It was amazing when you added the support for VSTi's that are loaded in the Instrument list but years later no one really uses that anymore. If you could please add support for the Instrument Tracks that would be very much appreciated!!

Thanks.

PS: If you ever release a MKII replace the ribbon with a scroll wheel and you'll have the perfect product!! ;-)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 684

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Jorg wrote:

It was amazing when you added the support for VSTi's that are loaded in the Instrument list but years later no one really uses that anymore.

Sorry but I don't agree with you there. Everybody that uses VSTi's with multiple outputs (e.g. Kontakt, Battery, Sampletank, BFD, Stylus RMX, Addictive drums and so on) use the instrument rack in Cubase/Nuendo.
Using the instrument channel is only interesting for VSTi's with a single output channel.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 684

niles wrote:
Jorg wrote:

It was amazing when you added the support for VSTi's that are loaded in the Instrument list but years later no one really uses that anymore.

Sorry but I don't agree with you there. Everybody that uses VSTi's with multiple outputs (e.g. Kontakt, Battery, Sampletank, BFD, Stylus RMX, Addictive drums and so on) use the instrument rack in Cubase/Nuendo.
Using the instrument channel is only interesting for VSTi's with a single output channel.

I 100% agree with you. I myself still use it for Battery, Superior and co.
However wouldnt you as much as me profit from the added feature?
I was exaggerating to emphasize my point.
The real point of this thread is the importance of the add of that feature.

Jorg wrote:

Every feature added to make the Alphatrack more versatile then it already is, is good feature!!
Just was a bit afraid that the rack function was replaced for the track version ;)

niles wrote:
Jorg wrote:

Every feature added to make the Alphatrack more versatile then it already is, is good feature!!
Just was a bit afraid that the rack function was replaced for the track version ;)

Good Point!
Yeh, we dont want it replacing the other feature!!

The problem right now is that the Alphatrack doesnt "see" the Instrument on an Instrument Track as its not an insert plugin.
There's got to be a way tho to make it visible even if you called it Slot 0 on the Alphatrack.

Hope you guys at frontier design can figure out a way!!

Hi Jorg and Niles,

I just installed a copy of Cubase 5 and was able to see what you've described in these posts. It looks like things some things were changed from Cubase 4 to 5. There was a similar issue with the jump from Sonar 8 to Sonar 8.5. At any rate, thanks for the heads up and we'll see what we can do about this.

CS

Central Scrutinizer wrote:

Hi Jorg and Niles,

I just installed a copy of Cubase 5 and was able to see what you've described in these posts. It looks like things some things were changed from Cubase 4 to 5. There was a similar issue with the jump from Sonar 8 to Sonar 8.5. At any rate, thanks for the heads up and we'll see what we can do about this.

CS

Hi CS,

Thanks a lot for the reply. I'm glad to hear that you're looking into it.
I really appreciate it!

Jorg

Jorg wrote:

I'm glad to hear that you're looking into it.
I really appreciate it!

+1  ;)

Hi,

First of all thanks for the updated drivers!! I'm glad I can keep using the Alphatrack. Still love it!!

Did you have a chance looking into controlling VSTis on Instrument tracks yet?