Topic: Tranzport with Cubase 5 and Mac OSX (Snow Leopard)

I'm trying to find helpful directions on how to get the tranzport to control cubase5.  Cubase sees the tranzport, but when I press any buttons I get MIDI in indicators but nothing happens.

The device worked fine with iTunes, and Cubase appears to see it no problem.  It just doesn't do anything.

I know this is pretty vague, but I haven't found anything to help me ensure that I've set everything correctly.  Lots of troubleshooting help for Windows users, but I couldn't find anything for Mac users.

Thanks in advance,
Andy

Re: Tranzport with Cubase 5 and Mac OSX (Snow Leopard)

Hi Andy,

Before starting Cubase, set the TranzPort control mode to “Native” by clicking on the TranzPort status bar icon. This will configure the TranzPort to send and receive the correct set of MIDI messages for use with the Cubase plug-in.

Then start Cubase and open the “Devices/Device Setup…” window. Click on the “+” button to access the Add Hardware list and select “Frontier TranzPort.” Set both the “MIDI Input” and “MIDI Output” field to TranzPort.

Let me know if you run into any trouble.

CS

Hi!

Will TranzPort also work with Cubase Studio 5, in the same way?

Last edited by DreamT (2010-07-04 08:30:57)

Hi DreamT,

It should be configured the same way in Cubase 5. If the TranzPort doesn't show up in the device list in Cubase then you'll need to install the plug-in.

CS