Topic: AlphaTrack fader and Cubase 5

Hi! I am trying to figure out how to control the Volume, Expression, and Modulation parameters with the AT fader in Cubase 5. Ideally I'd like to be able to select a track in Cubase, select the parameter I want to control (also in Cubase), and then have the AT fader control it. Is this possible? If so, how might I go about setting it up? Thanks!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 738

Re: AlphaTrack fader and Cubase 5

Hi sonicfuel,

If you go to page 5 of the following document it will probably be most helpful to you:

http://frontierdesign.com/download/pdf/ … v1.0.4.pdf

In short, you'll only be able to do this through a plug-in in Cubsase.  For example, if you had a softsynth with these parameters you'll need to (with the AlphaTrack) navigate to the track, hit the plug-in button on the AlphaTrack, select the plug-in, navigate to the parameter, then adjust the parameter.  Using the 'flip' button on the AlphaTrack should let you flip an encoder's parameter onto the fader.

CS

Thanks for the help... Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that I am able to follow the workaround. The closest match MIDI plugin that I have is a MIDI Control, but when I access that via plugin mode on the alphatrack, I cannot change any parameters in it... Do you know of any alternate remote control devices that would provide this capability? Or is this something that has yet to be developed? Thanks, again, for your time and help.

Hi sonicfuel,

Can you tell me more about this plug-in (MIDI Control) like a link to their website.  It should be accessible as long as you're using it through Cubase.  Do the parameters of 'MIDI Control' appear on the AlphaTrack LCD screen?  What do you see on the AlphaTrack LCD screen as you're trying to follow those steps in the link I gave you last post?

CS

The plug-in comes from Steinberg Media Technologies. An even more applicable plug-in from them that I have is "Track Control." When I select plug-in mode, the top right encoder knob becomes the selector for the plugin (ie as i turn it, the alphatrack screen goes through the midi plug-ins. When I stop, it selects that plugin. None of the parameters from the plug-in appear on the alphatrack screen (the fader still controls volume), and when I select the flip button, the fader now becomes the selector of the plug-in... The middle encoder controls on/off for the midi inserts panel in cubase. The alphtrack screen reads:

Slot    Enbl    Ins
IFX 1  On      Track (this switches to the number of the track volume       .                               when I press flip)

Thank you, again, for all of your help!

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/frontierdesign/frontierdesign.com/forums/include/parser.php on line 684

sonicfuel wrote:

None of the parameters from the plug-in appear on the alphatrack screen (the fader still controls volume)

From that point you can scroll to the selected plug-in settings with Alphatracks's F1 & F2 buttons and assign the fader to any of the desired controllers. But I have to say, it's a bit dodgy. I was not able to control all the MIDI plug's in Cubase with the Alphatrack.

The weirdest thing is though, when I use the Alphatrack to control a midi plug-in in Cubase 5.1.1, the Alphatrack display does not show the labels of the parameters. Just the values on the second line of the display. While VST plug-in's work as expected (label first line, value second line).